what ecu runs a ZC DOHC OBD1?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Periculum

I know Ive seen this before but I could not find it on here. What ECUs can you use to run the DOHC ZC? I know the PG7 and the PM7. can you use the Si Ecu?

I know for the obd1 version you are suposed to use a p29, which is what i use.What odb ZC is it?

If its an 88-91 dohc zc.
pm7=ecu made for the motor, right fuel curves and maps, speed capped at 112mph.
pg7=ecu from an (88-89?) integra, similar fuel curves and maps, works great, some say it runs rich.
pm6=ecu from a 88-91 crx/civic si, runs motor ok but with more conservative fuel maps and lower rev limit.

My bad, the title says obd1. I meant obd0, the 88-91. The reason I was wondering is because I have an SI ECU from a buddies old car and I just need to get a motor into my CRX, I can worry about the exact ECU later. hmotorsonline said they had the ZCs, they just didnt have any Pm7's right now and it could be weeks before they got one. and ebay only has a bunch of chips, no actual pm7's. :mad:

Just get either a pg7 or a pm7, both are close to each other for performance. pm7 just has the speed limiter, which, worst case scenario might prevent you from getting a really bad speeding ticket.

Quoted post[/post]]
Just get either a pg7 or a pm7, both are close to each other for performance. pm7 just has the speed limiter, which, worst case scenario might prevent you from getting a really bad speeding ticket.

I run a PG7 which is stock in my 89 integra - it runs like a rich mfer! But the simply ihe upgrades cure that. You manual or auto? I got an extra auto PG7 that a paper weight on my desk left over from a manual swap I'd love to get rid of.

Well lucky me (depends on how you look at it) My HF rebuild was actually a success. A buddy of mine was testing his built talon motor for leaks before he put it together so I figured I would test mine to see what happened and what do you know? What I thought was a gasket leak was just a hose in the back shooting coolant onto the deck in just such a way that it looked like the gasket was putting out the coolant. Tightened up the hoses and took it for a drive. Stunk a little, probably from sittin for so long, but drove smoother than my camaro <--gotta get that fixed.

long story short. Im gonna rock out the half rebuilt HF and see what it gets me. I may need the ECU in the future though, I sure wont be looking to rebuild a second time. Definitely a swap next time.

Back