What ECU should i use????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

n8dawg

Wondering if ne one has ne info on this one, I have very little knowledge of the very important ecu factor when it comes to tuning but I am using the pr3 that came with my b16a (obd0) that is in my 89 crx hf. Would there be a better ECU for me to start out with or should i stick with what i have and later down the line tune it with hondata?

PW0 maybe... unless you want to rewire for different OBD systems... vtecfrog makes conversion harness.. but you have to wire a couple things in.

Honestly, if you can swing it, get an OBDI harness and ECU and rewire it and run a P28. IMO, it is a much more flexible setup.

yeah, i'd go to the p28 + obd 1 conversion as well.

that way you can use the s200 system instead of the old stage 2/3/4 system that is now obsolete, and who's rom editor has some bug fixes that have been applied to the new versions only

Originally posted by n8dawg@Aug 22 2004, 04:07 PM
Wondering if ne one has ne info on this one, I have very little knowledge of the very important ecu factor when it comes to tuning but I am using the pr3 that came with my b16a (obd0) that is in my 89 crx hf. Would there be a better ECU for me to start out with or should i stick with what i have and later down the line tune it with hondata?
[post=380332]Quoted post[/post]​

do you want to sell that PR3< I may can get you a P28 why can't you run the PM6 now I have one those.

Back