1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what ecu to use

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by b20 inspired, Aug 28, 2005.

1. b20 inspired

b20 inspired Junior Member

i have a 2000 civic si and want to change it over to obd1 what is the best computor to use that will allow me the most tunablility i can get a mugen chip for one of my friends but what will that offer for my car thanks for ur help

2. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

Don't get a mugen chip. Get a P28 from a 92-95 Civic Ex/Si. It's a sohc obd1 ecu. Chip it with either a hondata or uberdata. Do you plan on boosting the a2?

3. kyleirwin

kyleirwin Retired OG

werd, chipped p28. or a p30.

4. b20 inspired

yeah i plan on boostin or spraying. one or the other prolly spraying for now then ill either get the turbonetics kit or the vortech supercharger. least thats my plans.

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

get a p28, an obd1 conversion harness from one of our sponsors :p , have the ecu socketed or do it yourself, and then pm me if you want a custom basemap for your b16 :)

6. b20 inspired

how much will that cost? i get get the ecu but what about the rest and whats the turn around time on that im bout to install a b20/vtec in there can u do a basemap for that

7. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

The P28 will cost you around 100-150. They're forsale everywhere on here and honda-tech. Some come chipped already.

For the harness, search around the site for a link to the sponsor B was talking about.

If you get a virgin, look up hondata's website and look around for an S200 setup. Or wait for someone who knows where to get an uberdata setup comes in here and chimes in (because I forget where to get it, uberdata.com???).

8. xenocron

xenocron Member

Or, if you are a DIYer, get a non-vtec OBD1 virgin ECU, chip it and convert it for VTEC. Should cost you $40 for the ECU and another $40 or so in parts for the chipping and VTEC conversion.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted