what eg civic would be easiest for h22a swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ssj

thinking of buying an eg civic and swapping a h22a engine into it, this may be a noob question but would the whole process be easier if i bought a vti eg civic (d16y1)and swap it or would i save more money by buying a non vtec civic and swapping it with the h22a ? thanks in advance

The chassis is going to be an EG no matter what... You would need... h22a1 motor, p13 ECU or chirped P28 ecu, Wiring harness from a prelude, Shift linkage and cables from a prelude, Axles from a prelude, Hubs from a prelude if you want the un common 4x114 bolt patern, Ha sport or equivalent mount kit for h22a1 in EG civic. that should be it from there besides exhaust and headers ect

The chassis is going to be an EG no matter what... You would need... h22a1 motor, p13 ECU or chirped P28 ecu, Wiring harness from a prelude, Shift linkage and cables from a prelude, Axles from a prelude, Hubs from a prelude if you want the un common 4x114 bolt patern, Ha sport or equivalent mount kit for h22a1 in EG civic. that should be it from there besides exhaust and headers ect

would it be easier to swap it with a d16a8 or d16y1? sorry about the newbie questions

its all the same. the only real difference is some minor wiring. and by minor i mean besides the already long task of rewiring the civic harness to incorporate all the of proper sensors the prelude ECU needs to find to run smooth.

and an EG chassis civic is any 92-95 civic. I know some are labeled as EH, but its still the same thing. the engine bays are pretty much the same damn thing whether it be a 2dr, a 3dr, or a 4dr sedan.

So to answer your question, buy which ever one you like the most because any way you look at it, you're going to be doing a good deal of work.

its all the same. the only real difference is some minor wiring. and by minor i mean besides the already long task of rewiring the civic harness to incorporate all the of proper sensors the prelude ECU needs to find to run smooth.

and an EG chassis civic is any 92-95 civic. I know some are labeled as EH, but its still the same thing. the engine bays are pretty much the same damn thing whether it be a 2dr, a 3dr, or a 4dr sedan.

So to answer your question, buy which ever one you like the most because any way you look at it, you're going to be doing a good deal of work.

I'd Get an EX coupe or Sadan... like most EG's its wired up for VTEC already. You would only need a Prelude 92-96 H22a obd1 Harness and the motor... it would be a plug and play as far as that goes... No re wiring needed, besides remebering to get the MAP sensor from a prelude and mounting it to the firewall... other than that.. GL

I'd Get an EX coupe or Sadan... like most EG's its wired up for VTEC already. You would only need a Prelude 92-96 H22a obd1 Harness and the motor... it would be a plug and play as far as that goes... No re wiring needed, besides remebering to get the MAP sensor from a prelude and mounting it to the firewall... other than that.. GL

All 1992 civics also have firewall mounted map sensors. As they also have vtec wiring. So if you can, get a 92 civic. and you have to wire a bunch of things up, it is not plug and play. like i stated before, i have done this swap. And yes i used a 1992 civic hb si model. You have to wire in the knock sensor, the secondary butterflies, and there are other things if you want to properly install it.

take a look at this thread on honda-tech
[FAQ] ***H22A into Civic EG/EK INFORMATION Post all H22A Hybrid info here*** - Honda-Tech

Yea I Tuned out the Knock and Removed the butterfly valves, if ya chose to go that route I can help there lol other wise listen to ^ guy

Back