What else will I need?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

webink_EK9

Can you guys help me get a list of every part I will need to do this swap. I'm getting the complete swap from hmotorsonline.com, but there's other things I'll need I guess.

I know I'm gonna need a new exhaust and a harness of a usdm 99-00 si. What else do I need to get? And what exhaust should I get (what will fit?)

axles, and just the basic stuff to meet their warranty, like the timing belt, water pump, clutch, and whatever else they require.

as for exhuasts, just get whatever is designed for a DX. a greddy is what i would do if you can afford it.

P.S. the C5's into the 6th Gen Hatches is my dream car.

Originally posted by webink_EK9@Feb 6 2004, 03:55 PM
So a DX exhaust will fit??? If the stock exhaust won't bolt on, how will an aftermarket bolt on?

how doesnt it fit, too small of a diameter, not long enough, or what. i know mine connected fine to my b16 header. but i also have an after market cat.

Oh, I don't know...I'm just going off of what I've been told in the forum. I'm placing my motor order today. I just want to have everything ready when I start the swap.

you can fix almost any of the problem by buying a different diameter or length cat (i have a straight through cat, they have tons of sizes) if you cant find a shorter cat, cut the flange off of the front of the exhaust and trim the piping down and reweld it.

heres a website that sells a few diff. ones KID Motorsports

hope that helps

jdm type r headers have a 2.5" header do the swap and take your car to a shop and have them put a 2.5" connector on your cat.

Back