What elsedo i need to swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

big bad black 5.9

I am swapping my 88' CRX Si engine for a 93' Civic Vx VTEC-E engine and a 95' Civic EX tranny. What else am i going to need the swap to make this work right? Thanks

a lot of work in store to go from 108hp in your Si to 92hp in the VX? you will either need to convert the car to run OBD1 or convert the engine to run OBD0 - if you stay OBD0, you will need to find a way to control VTEC - the 95 transmission is hydraulic actuated clutch and yours is cable actuated - you will need to convert the car to use the hydraulic, with different pedal assembly, clutch master cylinder, etc. - the VTEC-E engine is a 16 valve engine that operates as a 12 valve (with only one intake open) until VTEC kicks in and it then operates as a 16 valve - not a performance engine, but great for economy

If your looking for gas mileage why not just put the hf motor in the crx? Or is that not what your looking for?

50 miles isn't that bad. My 90 crx si is getting about 35mpg. If you just wanna get better economy instead of swaping your engin why not just swap in the hf tranny?

Back