what engine do i have? i new to this

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

marshbotany

Marshbotany
i have a 88 integra ls that has a different motor that was put in before i bought it, and still has the original tranny. i wanted to know if it could be a b18c cause that is what i thought i heard when the person was telling me bout it, but not to sure.

your gona have to look at the block code its right on front of the motor were the tranny meets the motor there will be a stamp its about half way down on the front of the block get that code for us

It's most likely a DOHC d16. That is what came in the 86-89 integras. Getting a bseries in that model would require special mounts. If anything, you might have a d16zc(?).

i am almost certain it isnt the stock motor, only because all it had when i bought it was the new header with no exhaust from there back off the engine. I remember reading the description when i was looking for a vehicle and it said it had a different motor that was a 1.8 liter with the original tranny that still was tight, a cold air intake, msd ignition, the header and more minor mods i guess. i will post a photo and the serial number.

here is the photos and the number was d16a1. my bad.

Attachments

• _MG_2226.JPG
    _MG_2226.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 195
learning already, what are somethings that i can do to increase performace. money isnt a big issue but it is a little.

well for that car i would do a motor swap, or turbo it

not too many aftermarket parts for those tegs. but i think that the d16a1 head has the same exhaust pattern as the sohc d series motors, so you could turbo it.

Back