what engine is this?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

although there is a theory that i ve yet to see. Where you can take a h series head and swap it on to a f series block. if i remember correctly both the f and h series in one point and time shared the same head gasket, and in order to do the swap you need to switch out timeing belt and some other things that i cant recall at the moment. i ve yet to really check into this. but like i said. its a theory.

quick question bout b16's, my ef has a b16a do you think i can bolt the a/c bracket in the first pic to mine if did some modding? i have no clue if its enough room to work with... has it already been done?
(besides the f'n expensive hasport mounts)

although there is a theory that i ve yet to see. Where you can take a h series head and swap it on to a f series block. if i remember correctly both the f and h series in one point and time shared the same head gasket, and in order to do the swap you need to switch out timeing belt and some other things that i cant recall at the moment. i ve yet to really check into this. but like i said. its a theory.

I believe that's the F22(or F23?) and H23. A hybrid has already been done before so it's not theory.

wow. im not too sure wat else to say about all that :confused:

well you cant notice two cam gears sticking out like you normally would on a DOHC engine. But when you remove the cover you notice two cams and chain driven pulleys. Trust me my brother has a '07 S2k and were under the hood alot. Cam's for the beast are about 600$ for both.

I was more talking about the F22B DOHC. I think it was in the Prelude. You can't really put an F20C or F22C from an S2000 into a Civic. Not easily anyway.

actually ive seen it done before, surprisingly enough. i'd love to find the picture i had but no luck. But it has been done.

Refer to my picture above... If the 'DOHC' on the valve cover of the f20 doesn't let you know at first, then I don't know what else will lol...

yeah. but say someone removed the plate and added something say carbon fiber or custom. then its not so obvious to those unfamiliar with F series engines.

actually ive seen it done before, surprisingly enough. i'd love to find the picture i had but no luck. But it has been done.

I said easily. The guys over at Intercrew did it quite a few years ago. I didn't take pictures of it because it wasn't something they wanted leaked all over the internet, and that's not something that I would do to one of my buddies either. :)

well you cant notice two cam gears sticking out like you normally would on a DOHC engine. But when you remove the cover you notice two cams and chain driven pulleys. Trust me my brother has a '07 S2k and were under the hood alot. Cam's for the beast are about 600$ for both.

yeah my brother owns an '07 S2K also, thats how i know what i know about them. Fun little cars arent they? haha

hey whats up im new to the swap thing cause im more into the body thing and wanted to know what do you think about the LS block with a GSR head would pan out for me

ok read this

You can not tell anything from that pic except its a early b series. DOHC VTEC. newer than a 93. But That could be any DOHC VTEC head on any B series engine. Look at the block top left and there should be a casting number starting with a B. the numbers after that indicate its size such as B16=1.6L, B17=1.7, B18=1.8, B20=2.0L. ok the following letters after that will indicate weather or not it is vtec or what. Im not as sure about those numbers but I know B18a= non vtec B18b=non vtec B18c=vtec gsr, and b18c5= vtec type r. thats all I know there. There should be casting numbers on the head also that can help you determine which head you have. someone else will have to explain those numbers. Well i tried best I could with what little i know. Also I like obd1 best. easier to tune. for me. Just remember there are a lot of thrown together engines with different combinations of heads and cylinders. Its done all the time so be sure you really look at what you are buying first and if u got questions do your research. good luck. sorry to confuse anyone!

Back