what ex. side housing should i look for?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tunedhonda-ata

im turbo bitch!!!!
i have a gs-R kinda built, and was looking at a turbo w/ a 84 trim ex. side is that too big? and does anyone know what rpm it will start making boost?

definitely pretty big. id stay in the 60s for compressor housing and turbine housing for a gsr. If this was a VQ35 id probably say go for it.

stick with a 57 trim T3/T04E and a .60 or .63 a/r

that'll be a good quick spool and be streetable.

don't buy turbos off ebay.

i never really drive my car, most of the time it is at the drag strip, when i do drive it. so street able is not a big issue.. im just wondering if its too big.. my friend runs a holset with something like a 96 trim.. his ls-v will bring that thing in at 4800
but dont really know what i want.. i have a t3 on it now and my car will make a pound at like 1800 with that samll turbo..
but keep in mind my car is a little built.
thanks for thje info

You'll be good with a .63 a/r hot side. If you want a little more there is always a .68 a/r too. But I'll think the 63 will serve you good. I'll say go with the precision sc61 or the t3/t04R with the 63 ar if you have the money.

i dont care so much about lag its not a big deal.. but a .63 my car will make boost on that turbo at about 2500.. just what ive heard though.. i dont know much about turbos except my car halls ass on the t3.. the car only gets drove to the track and back home.. never really street drive the car.

unless the turbo is seriously too small or too big (like way out of effeciency range) then you'll make up in top end what you suffer in lag time, and vice versa. not 100% because your motor still has to flow the CFM's.

however, you want to pick an efficient turbo. the T3/T04E 57 trim is about perfect for most stock or mildly built B series motors.

i dont care so much about lag its not a big deal.. but a .63 my car will make boost on that turbo at about 2500.. just what ive heard though.. i dont know much about turbos except my car halls ass on the t3.. the car only gets drove to the track and back home.. never really street drive the car.

Yeah, your car will probably start to make boost @ 2500 but no way it'll make full boost by 2500 with the .63 a/r.

i bought the 84 trim ex. side with my top mount and 4 inch d/p and exhaust my hatch pulls real strong.. i like the little lag it has but is a beast through the gears.

Back