what exactly does a main relay do?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i just repaired a main relay out of a 88hf that was doing the same thing your car did....works great now....those dry joints are really hard to see on the board, but you can find them if you know what you are looking for. i didnt do all that desoldering and conformal coating crap and its working fine ...alll i did was resolder the dry joints

lol the only thing i can soder is the solder is nothing i suck at it i would just get another one from a junk yard and try my luck with one of those before i mess with the one and only one in my car. thanks tho that is the only thing i have not tried yet is the relay lets see what happens with that

have you checked the map sensor???

when i first installed my first lsv in my teg it would turn over and sometimes start but it would run like shit.....i would hit the gas and turn off.....it wouldnt turn on.......so try that...it might help....but if you say your fuel comes on then it might not be the relay.....did you check the FPR?

yeah i tried two different fpr and still nothing is there a way i can like hold the hose from the fpr so no fuel returns just to build some more pressure or is that a bad idea?

plugs ngk or nkg what every they are brand now 0 miles on them. and brand new cables 0 miles on them also. brand new dizzy 0 miles

sounds definitely like your main relay...it could be an ignitor issue but i dont think it is since you have a new dizzy... change out that relay and im 90% sure your problem will be solved

poconos pa are they all the same from obd1 and obd2 and so on?

not sure about that???? but this is out of a 94 teg some im sure its the same. i thought you might be closer, your best bet would be to hit up a junk yard.
ill check on the interchangability for you on obd1and2 stuff

yeah because i was looking at the link and the obd0 one looks so different then the one i have in my civic let me make sure i am looking at the right one it is the one that has like two tabs on it holding it down it is a big black fuse like right?

obd1
gallery_33781_211_2993.jpg

obd2
gallery_33781_211_1548.jpg

they look identical to obd0 to me...you can probably luck out and get one out of a newer civic...be sure to make a diagram of what colored wires go in where on your relay and if that matches up on the newer civic your in business

lol i am glad you posted that picture because was going to go crazy looking for it..lol i will let you know i will have a main relay by this weekend and see what happens

dizzy is controlled by ecu...fuel pump injectors and all that jazz are controlled by main relay... have you replaced it yet? maybe borrow one from a bud to test it out?

i got one from the junk yard for 20 bucks i will put it in tomorrow it was snowing a bit to much for me to work on the civic but i will work on it tomorrow and let you know what happens

Back