What exactly is "cat-back exhaust"

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jisakson

Hey guys,

I was wondering if I wanted to completely open my exhaust up, how do I do it? what do I need to buy?

also..

what all comes in a cat-back exhaust system, does a catylitic converter come, and everything there back? does it come with everything to go from the header to the cat and back? i dono...

i dont want a chunch of stock exhaust anywhere in my exhaust... can this be done with a header and a cat back exhaust system?

how do i do this?

thanks guys

i dont think he meant cut his exhaust, i think he meant cut it as in get RID of it all, he wants headers, cat, and then the catback

so like blanco said, find a header, find a cat, find a cat-back exhaust

Okay so your saying the header would bolt to the top of the cat? Otherwise you would still have Exhaust Pipe B, as it is labeled in my repair manual.... and if you still had that pipe as your stock exhaust... under the thinking, "your exhaust is only as strong as its weakest part" that would make the header, the cat, the muffler... everything useless because of that pipe restricting airflow...

so the header would bolt to the cat, and the catback from the cat all the way back?

is this correct?

Back