What, exactly, IS RICE??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
I've heared it time and again "thats rice" "RICER" blah blah (never directed at me, though :D )

So, what is it? What would be the definition of rice?

Lets attempt to have a nice decent thread folks.. I know, rice is a touchy subject, but I believe we can all maintain a calm and intelligent thread.

My thoughts on the subject:

"Ricer" obviously means "poser".. A poser is someone who acts and portrays that they can do something, but they cant.. Like someone who has the nicest most expensive skateboard in the park but stands around, because he can't ride.

1. Misleading Info: A "Type R" badge on a vehicle that is not a Type R.
A Greddy Turbo sticker on a non-turbo vehicle.

2. Modifications that make the car louder, but not faster. "Fart Cans" make the car sound like ass, but they usually do add power. Is that a gray area?

3. When did it become a sin to have racing stripes? I suppose they went out when kids got two 6" vinyl stripes and striped their vehicles with them.

4. Most of the APC product line. MOST.. not all. They make things that add no performance whatsoever.

5. Neon lights. They were the bomb in the late 80's, early 90's.. But they are now out of style.. So out of style items must be labled rice?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 20 2005, 01:18 PM
2. pep boys "rims"
[post=557152]Quoted post[/post]​

:worthy: I got pwnt.. oh well, I like em!

Put the flame throwers away kids!

I am laughing so fucking hard at "pep boys "rims""
:lol: :lol: :lol:
To me rice, is excessive use of stickers that have nothing to do with your real life, real car's products, or any subject you know about.
IE: my wheels came with SPOOM SPORTS stickers.. WTF.
Who would put those on anything?... ricers....
"Dude SPOOM!"
Very busy designs... bright orange on an 89 accord, bright green + 398 stickers on a 97 eclipse, APC aluminum spoilers.

Spork. because its better than spoon.
spork.jpg

I've got one for ya:

'88 CRX HF in white. Virgin car, no mods ever.

wheels spray painted blue, then white. overspray all over tires.
gas door and side mirrors spray painted blue, several flame designs spray painted extremely thick on the sides, hood, roof.
they weren't happy with this so they scuffed the entire car with what looks like a 100 grit and spraypainted it caution cone orange. they even masked off little circles in the taillights and headlights to make them look like APC or something.

I dunno if I'd call it "rice" so much as just a travesty.

rice is anything done to "get respect" from the people in your town.
even if its a preformance mod like an exhaust if your reasoning is somehting like "respect" its rice

to me rice is more about reasoning than what uv accutally done but yeah poser works too

Another one: Spoilers.. Big touchy area.. Spoilers generally only produce significant downforce at around 80mph. So, they are, 95% of the time, rice, and 5% pure functionality. hrmmm...

SCCA drivers with big wings.. They rarely get over 80...

Like a Carbon Fiber duck bill on a 92-95 hatch. It looks sexy, and is functional, and is not considered rice (well, by most, anyway) but it still is non-functional until you get to high speeds. Why is it pimp, and an APC wing is rice? Strange stuff there. It LOOKS better.. Performs worse.. It has ricer quality but is not.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 20 2005, 01:45 PM
duckbills are gay.
apc wings are rice
[post=557175]Quoted post[/post]​

Mr. sol, no gold star for you today. play nice. Seriously, lets have a good intelligent thread.

i think a good example would be 1-5K in body mods with nothing under the hood...

and i don't mean IHE, i lose respect for anyone that has the stock motor in their car, unless its been taken out and worked, or force fed massive amounts of pressurized air...

making your car look like the top trim line with no engine mods. ex: my car with a 5-lug conversion, type R wing and lip. may look cool but its still got an ls under hood.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Sep 20 2005, 11:54 AM
i lose respect for anyone that has the stock motor in their car
[post=557180]Quoted post[/post]​

And this, instantly qualifies you as an asshole.

Back