what exactly is this?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

peeonu25

I replaced my bumber reinforcement and there was this 30+ pound cylinder shaped pieace of steel in it.

i dont know what its called, nore do i know what its for.

image00002ur9.jpg

that thing... it sits smack dab in the middle of the bumper reinforcement.

hmmmm , Damn I am stumped. Never seen that fall from the front bumper. Maybe someone put it in there for for extra weight in the snow.

its came on my 94 and there was also one on my 92.

it mounts on the inside of your bumper reinforcement, if you ever have your bumper cover off you see the 2 big round bumper beam bolts in the center about a foot apart front each other (similar to the ones that screw into the bumper brackets).

the holes for it were predrilled in the reinforcement i bought 2 weeks ago.

uhhhh I have removed my bumper before and the reinforcement bracket. I did not have one of those. I would throw it in the trash . Lighten up the car. But thats me !!! I dont see the purpose it serves. Maybe some crash protection . Or weight to make it stay in its CD class. I am not sure though .

Trash it . Put it back . Doesnt really matter to me . haha

yeah its sitting on the snowmobile trailer, i have no intentions of puttin it back on. i was just courious to know what it was.

and if its for protection, well now the the front end of the car is made out of taiwan parts it wont matter lol.

Back