1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what exhaust sounds and prefoms the best

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by tip, Jul 13, 2005.

1. tip

tip Senior Member

looking for all your info.....guess this is the right placed since it involves a swap. If not i am not sure what forum to put it in.

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

moving to general tech

3. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

sounds best is kinda subjective

some people like a loud ass race car sounding exhaust, some people like a deep but loud sound, some people like a real quiet deep tone, some people like a damn near stock deep sound

what sound are you looking for?

and what engine / car will this be for?

4. tip

tip Senior Member

oh yeah my bad. 92 civic with a b16a sirII with a dc sports 4-1 header. And i am not sure what sound i want exactly, but i do know i want an exhaust that actually improves the performance not jujst makes it sound better.....!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

You can get piping kits from Kteller.com and weld them together yourself. Its a lot cheaper: $220+$60 for a resonator and you have a full 2.25" mandrel bent exhaust in stainless steel.

6. jdmeg6

jdmeg6 Senior Member

Well sound is still a major factor in your decision because there are some loud ass exhausts and some deep tone exhausts that will get you about the same hp and tq gains. What's more important to you, the sound or the performance, and like E_SolSi said what kind of sound are you looking to get? You got pretty much the exact same setup as I do minus a AEM short-ram and I'm gonna go with a RS*R ExMag for the sound(or lack of) and performance. A little more pricy than others but from what I've heard its worth it. And yeah price is a factor in your decision a little too :)

7. sihatchback_RL

sihatchback_RL Senior Member

I have good results with greddy SP2, Tanbe Hyper, and Apex world sport.

8. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

Apex WS with the silencer attached is great. WAY TOO LOUD for my tastes if you dont put that silencer on. Has a great deep tone with it.

9. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

Magnaflow. Best sound out there period.

10. integraslut78

integraslut78 Stylus DJ Extraordinaire

RSR, Invidia, Apexi, HKS, Magnaflow are a few good ones that I know of but you should be more specific about what sound you want they all sound different, oh and also put a price you want to pay for it.

11. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Loud? Where have you heard one, because I have one, and have heard others, and loud is just not the word for it.

12. projectxspeed

projectxspeed Senior Member

If you want a quieter one go with thermal. I loved my exhaust, and it was a nice deep rich powerful powerful.

13. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

CTR swapped hatch out here in denton. He has the Apexi WS w/ silencer now. We had to install it after we had the entire system in. Made driving a little uncomfortable.

14. PhyRe

PhyRe Senior Member

they have a good over all sound.stockish at idle, deep soft tone at around 3k but when up get it up to the 5k+ its gets louder but still has a deep tone. i dont know about preformance because my boy had it put on with 3 inch piping on a n/a gsr. i think he is loosing power from that but hey not my car. but if you want loud i can say the rsr gt2 i got from b is loud and i def felt a better throttle response and it didnt bog down like not having a muffler did(bad exhaust leak) but aslong as you get rid of the stock piping for some mandel bends your bound to have some kind of gains

15. wanderinman

wanderinman Senior Member

I have a DC sports cat-back that I absolutely love on my integra. No raspy at all, at any RPMS, and its near silent on the highway and cruising, but when you open it up its got a really mellow deep growl thats almost completely identical to the growl coming from the intake... its music.

16. tip

tip Senior Member

I guess that i would prefer a deep sounding exhaust with great performance. I DO NOT want anything that is load as hell. I think that is a little high schoolish..!!
    and on price i really don't want to go broke on an exhaust but will pay for a good one if it gives a deep sound that also gives great performance..

17. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

First time ever to hear someone think that the WS is too loud. Maybe your buddy was running a different B pipe, or a test pipe or something.

18. El Capitan

El Capitan Junior Member

anyone have some input on J's Racing exhaust?

i heard about them and just wondering

19. sohcslammer

sohcslammer Senior Member

Must have been a test pipe... He used the word uncomfortable and I don't know any exhausts with a cat that are that loud.... especially the World sport.....

And BTW Magnaflow is hands down the best exhaust you cn buy. Period. The end. That's really all. Stop reading. I'm done. I mean it. why are you still reading this and not running out and buying a magnaflow? :p

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted