what fits my car??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92lude

ok im thinkin about gettin some new rotors and a new exhaust. but my prob is that i have a 92 prelude and did a 01 h22 swap in it, so do i get the exhaust that fits a 92 or a 01 and same for the rotors. since i had to change the front axels im pretty sure i would have to get the 01 rotors but i dont wanna buy them and have them not fit. and the exhaust i have some dc sport headers on it if that makes and difference.

The rotor is seperate from the hub. I'm not sure, but I think that Preludes of your gen and 90-97 accords had the same rotors. I just recently changed my rotors, and added Hawk HPS pads. I love the setup. Accords and Preludes have the same axles anyway. I'd probably buy stock type rotors and make sure they are the same. PM me if you do this swap. You have to drop everthing from the upper A-arm to the lower ball joint, and remove the assembly. Four bolts hold in the rotor/hub section. Remove those and drive the hub out. You don't need a press, but you should be careful not to damage your bearing. I have a press at my disposal, so I didn't give a shit.

Any exhaust you chose on the header side will bolt up. If you already have a DC sports HEADER, then I wouldn't bother upgrading that portion. I cleaned up my stock cat(little port and polish on each side) and reused it. Honestly, a larger cat would not benefit you that much since the section of pipe between the header and your cat is not very large. I bumped up to a stainless 2.5" cat back, mandrel bent, free flowing exhaust. I did notice a large improvement over stock, since my stock catback was 1.75".

So, get a larger catback, built for your car, if it's pre-built. I think you may need to add an extra o2 bung after the cat for your engine, but that's no biggie.

Back