what goes into a crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tylonalsnifnfool

what motors will fit directly into my 88 crx dx. i don't want to buy mounts and re wire i just want somting that will drop right in. if anybody knows a good web page please share it or just post a few suggestions. i also need a manuel transmission with the motor so what model and year would i find the direct bolt in motor and tranny?

nothing is direct bolt unless your SI or HF. If you are DX than you'll have to convert to multi-port-fuel-injection. Not very hard, just time consuming. If si- single cam ZC or DOHC ZC.

D16z6 from a 92-95 Civic Si or EX will directly bolt in..so will a DOHC ZC. i would go with the D16z6 since there is more aftermarket stuff for them.

i know about the injector switching but do i get them from a crx or the motor i am swaping in?

what about the fact that my crx is an automatic? what will i need along the line of clutch pedal and shifter? do i need the entire pedal assembley or can i just add a clutch pedal?

It is much easier to just buy a manual pedal assembly. You can weld in another pedal though. As for the transmission, the z6 tranny will go in, however it is hydraulically activated. You will have to convert your car if you plan on using this tranny. I would just use 89-91 SI tranny.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp+Jun 28 2003, 03:52 PM-->
tylonalsnifnfool
@Jun 28 2003, 01:46 PM
how about the transmission from a 92-95 Civic Si or EX will that pop right in with the motor?

yup..sure does

Are you sure about that? The 92-95 tranny is a hydraulic where as the crx is cable. Also three of the four mounts are on the tranny. I am 98% sure that the 4th and 5th gen tranny mounts are in different spots.

so what you guys arre saying is to go with a crx si manual transmission and the the D16z6 from the '92-'95 civic si or ex. will a motor from an automatic civic go on the manual? would the motor form and automatic be better because it is less beat on?

Yes, except the auto could have been beaten more, depends on the last owner. I think the auto has shitty cams in it.

how much should i expect to pay for just the D16z6 from the '92-'95 civic si or ex from a junkyard with the ecu. what else would i need with the motor and ecu?

Back