What got you interested in...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ive always been into speed and performance. and i too thought it was more impressive for a honda to put out better times then say mustangs, vettes, ect who already had a rep for being fast. did some research, and i personally found that a CRX was the best platform for speed (cheap, lightweight, swappability, aftermarket support, ect). key movies were gone in 60 seconds, not really racing but had the speed and performance aspect to it (shelby gt500 :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: ) and of course the first fnf. took of from there when i got my first crx. riced it all out to hell (painted interior, big ass 17's, but i did have a tanabe racing medallion catback). then i wrecked it. i found hondaswap and it turned me around to put performance first. and now here i am with my second CRX si with a b18c1....... :D

I got the hand me down sedan civic from my sister who got it from my parents. I just wanted to make it look 'cool' and not fast. Hell I didnt even know there was a Honda or Import scene, I just wanted to have fun. So I do all my stuff then somehow I find a link to hondaswap and civicland and start posting.

The first thing about cars I learned was what a B16 is. I didnt know JACK about cars, nothing about blocks or heads or engines or the difference between a wheel and a tire or what a piston was, NOTHING. Then I just read and read for over a year and learn all about performance while I SLOWLY move into mods I never thought I would put on the car.

I thought I would stop with subs in the trunk. Then taillights. Then I somehow convinced myself to pay for wheels (largest amount of money I ever spent at one time). I started around 10th grade probably, now I'm going into college and the performance bug finally hit me. I'm gonna lightly mod until I can buy my own car and then I have some major plans :)

So I pretty much went from knowing nothing to coming to my senses. Who would have thought?

i had just got my crx and this one boy comes up to me and is like "when u putting a b16 in there?" and the way he said it i was like what? a V16 wtf are you talking about? any i researched this "b16" and at the time, i remember typing "b16a" into ebay and only about 12 results matched up... now type "b16a" in ebay and about 12 pages of results come up. shit is crazy now.

I know some of you will probably harass me, but i'll speak up anyway. As a kid, i always wanted a hatchback car that looked awesome, wheels, tint, loud sound,the whole works. So last january i spotted a 92 hatch dx in mint shape, and i bought it. I riced it up but i didnt go too far with any motor mods or swaps. That was my first car so i just got an auto rather than a 5 speed. And plus i can't afford all the mods anyway. After 3 good months and once i had the car the way i wanted it to be, i decided i was getting too much cop attention( i was pulled over 7 times in a week and a half) so i made the decision to split with my long time dream and i went to domestic power. I own a 2000 grand prix now and I love it.Gas mileage sucks though :( Nowadays i just admire other peoples cars only. My favorite car of all time is the ferrari F50

i thought the thread was "honda performance"

joking man, prix can be nice, my sisters x boyfriend had a 81 grand prix running low 12's it was mad fast.

haha, its a fast car for a sedan and the gas mileage really isn't that bad for a V6.Comes in handy when all those ricers think they have a chance :p

Eric (lsvtec) did.

I bought my Accord about the time he started hooking up his Teg. Next thing I know, he's taking me to a performance shop to buy and intake. It was all downhill from there. Motor swap, suspensions work, you name it. Too bad the uninsured Mexican fuck who hit-and-ran me brought it to a screeching halt.

Oh yeah, and the look on the domestic drivers' (and European imports) faces when you smoke them is priceless.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Aug 14 2003, 11:49 AM
Eric (lsvtec) did.

I bought my Accord about the time he started hooking up his Teg. Next thing I know, he's taking me to a performance shop to buy and intake. It was all downhill from there. Motor swap, suspensions work, you name it. Too bad the uninsured Mexican fuck who hit-and-ran me brought it to a screeching halt.

Oh yeah, and the look on the domestic drivers' (and European imports) faces when you smoke them is priceless.

any new word on it yet mang?

I have always been into performance but I won't lie the F&F was an influence but once i started learning about imports from the internet (Hondaswap OWNZ) and reading magazines I realize how much bullshit the F&F was. Thanks hondaswap!!

well i had my hatch for i week wneh i blew the first d I put my dads old direct port from a chevy on it (he help me modify it to work on a 50 shot.
Next theing i know i paid 2300 to get a new dx motor put in by the honda mech. Then came a hack job turbo kit that lasted 1 mounth, i was broke so i had to learn how to work on hondas.

it all started when I took a ride with some guy I met and his car was slamed and the ride was so fucken rough and he talked the car up and down, told me a bunch of lies that I started to look into found out he was lying to me, so I picked up a civic to beat his crap car....then I found this site and laugh my ass off.

My best friend's brother had a 1992 SI and I used to go over there pretty much and blow shit up with fireworks and such. Anyways, he was always modding it and working on it in the garage and we used to bother the hell out of him. Once I turned 16, I decided that I wanted a honda. Mostly because of their reliability and I really just liked the looks of them. Once I saw F&F, I started modding my car and really started to get into the scene, and it all came to me what my friend's brother was so interested in. It just went from there...

i needed a depindable car i could buy for 3,000 bucks and i would not be imbarised to drive.

i was a fish in high school and saw the crx and thought it was a kick ass looken car

so now that i was 28 it was time to get one

my friend told me i wanted to get an Si. i didnt know what the differance was so i said cool

found one about an hour south of where i live. white crx si 1990. i took it for a test drive. as soon as i got out of site of the owner i let her have it. i just smoked the tires. then i learned how to get it going first then i said" damn this car is pretty fast"

a paid 3,000 for it. i klnow i could have got it cheaper but i had stars in my eyes and could not wait to give him my money. it was a real clean car too.

i drove the car for about 8 monthes and it was the funest car i have ever drivin.
i upgraded suspinsion, leather seats, short shifter and new i needed a b16(due to my friend leting me know how much faster i could go, the same friend who got me into the Si)

now it has been swaped and all i can think of is how to get money to make it faster and how to get money to buy my wife a honda(she makes up resons to the store to drive my car ) she has a few kills too(had to teach her to turn of the ac though.

the more i learn about hondas the morre i like them. that is hard to say about many things in life.

i have pics of my car posted ----------https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19050

Florida Mike

What got me interested in Honda performance back in 1992?

The fact that nobody knew about them, and we could actually make our pre-vtec shit go fast.

Now everybody has jumped on the bandwagon claiming this or that.

fucktards.

Back