What happened to the power?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brunnooddjob

Okay so i own a 91 intregra gs just got done swapping out the head and doing a head gasket last night, timing was a little off but drove it to work and back home ran fine. Reset the timing and got it all back together started it up started backing out the driveway turned on my headlights and it killed my motor, i also seen a small amount smoke come out of the steering column right in front of my cluster. Now i have always had a short i guess you could say in my turn signal switch only when i turn on the left blinker. I just don't have a clue where to look or check can't see any wires that appear to have been hot under the dash, alternator is new and battery is new as well. But it isnt just my headlights it is anything that draws current from the battery either doesn't work or works but it appears to be just barely getting enough power to run. my grounds are good all the fuses are good. WTF what did i do to make the driving gods this mad at me? Help?

Back