What Head Do I Have???!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boston-sol77

ok well i searched and still no good news all the threads that ask the same question are left unanswered so hopefully someone can help me now....... it says pr3-1 on the side and here are some pics.

Attachments

• Photo-0020.jpg
    Photo-0020.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 204
  • Photo-0021.jpg
    Photo-0021.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 191
  • Photo-0022.jpg
    Photo-0022.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 152
the pr3-1-4 is just a casting number that you can't tell is by that number...but its most likly a b16 head...feel the combustion chamber to see if it is really really soft or if it has a roughness to it...if its really really smooth you might have an ITR head sitting there....also is there a star above the pr number if so that is head that tells a tail too supposidly as a nicer port and polish job to it...

its either a B16 head or Type R. if it has all the components (ie. the complete head) see if it has dual valve springs. if it does its Type R, and if it doesnt, it more than likely came from a B16. as evokilla said, it is only a casting number, so the only difference would be found in the internals.

well it doesnt have a star above the casting number but the combustion chamber of the head is mad smooth. type R head????!!!

Back