What hells wrong with my speakers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok this started like 2 days ago and its driving me crazy. i will be listing to a cd at regular volume and my speakers will cut out and all that will work is my subs then they will cut back in it is driving me crazy. thank you

Need more info. Is it after market cd player or factory? how are the speakers hooked up through cd player/through amp. Subs hooked up through amp? etc

My GUESS would also be a short without looking at it. Alot of decks have a short circuit protection in them where if they short out they will shut off temorarily even tho the display still works, some of them even have a nice feature where they with make a "buzzing" noise to let you know thats happening. Could be alot of things. Is it just one speaker? Does it do it after playing the stereo for awhile or just a few minutes?

You could see if it is a loose wire, play the stereo and wiggle the wires around. Its a simple test. Check the splices to make sure thier not touching anywhere or have come loose. I always solder splices in a car for just that reason. Check the wiring at the speaker itself, especially if its just one of them.

Back