What helps you??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

135mg Caffeine per bottle. Starbucks DoubleShot is 120mg. Average cup of coffee (if there is such a thing) is 80mg.
i eat 200mg of caffeine for breakfast, i doubt 135 is gonna affect me at all lol

Haha my migraine pills have 75mg a pill and I take 2 every 6 hours if I need to.

I've found that some quiet music, no internet on, no cell phone, and Full Throttle energy drinks = me being a book worm for hours on end. I got through 6 chapters in 5 1/2 yesterday getting a 90+ on each chapter exam with that method.

Mind over matter. It's all a matter of telling yourself you will succeed. You could study in the middle of a busy intersection if you really didn't give a fuck.

Wow, just wow. I think I have found the dumbest question I've ever been asked.

‎"Which questions should you ask during the focused history and physical exam of your pulseless, apneic patient?
A. Have you had a heart attack before?
B. Have you had heart problems in the past?
C. Did you take any aspirin today?
D. None of the above."

You have got to be kidding me... If you can't answer that one correctly you seriously don't need to be practicing emergency medicine.

Well if they have no pulse and they aren't breathing, I would guess it's not a good time to be asking questions so...D?

Gotta love those trick questions. I guess you COULD ask them anyway...

Wow, just wow. I think I have found the dumbest question I've ever been asked.

‎"Which questions should you ask during the focused history and physical exam of your pulseless, apneic patient?
A. Have you had a heart attack before?
B. Have you had heart problems in the past?
C. Did you take any aspirin today?
D. None of the above."

You have got to be kidding me... If you can't answer that one correctly you seriously don't need to be practicing emergency medicine.
That's great. I'm loving your avatar too.

But back to the topic. I never learned to study in high school. Never needed to. So it caused serious problems in college. I used Ridalin a lot. Aderall always made me too jumpy. Clearly neither is a good choice though.

Now that I'm in Grad School I'm finally doing it correctly. I'll have a cup of hot tea, lock myself in my room, turn on all the lights (someone else mentioned bright lights helping too), and grind the work out.

Although I'm actually avoiding writing a presentation as we speak. The material was extremely interesting, I just still hate "putting it in my own words". Especially for an online class, in the middle of summer, when it's beautiful outside.

Haha yep. I burned through a 1287 page book, and the 895 page work book, and 50-75 questions tests for each chapter, in about 7 days. I kept a 97.22 average too. That was seriously the most hardcore studying I've ever pulled off, and I don't ever want to have to do something like that again. I should have taken a picture of the binder, it was a 4" and probably had eh, close to 1200 pages in it. I'm so glad it's done now though, I can actually sleep now, and the stress is gone.

Back