What hoses for a Fluidyne

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ericL

95 Civic with a jdm b16a sir2, i just received a fluidyne radiator and went to put it in and the inlet/outlet on the old radiator (the hoses too) are smaller. What hoses do I need to get to put this thing in? Thx

The del sol hoses are shaped differently and still to small, i think the fuckers sent me the wrong radiator, prolly one for a civic with a b18. I can't think of why else the hoses wouldn't fit...I can get them just on the end but it's impossible to force them completely on..

I really can't give you a definitive answer, but just FYI the civic radiator and del sol radiator are identical (with exception of the del sol vtec).

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Sep 17 2005, 12:50 PM
I really can't give you a definitive answer, but just FYI the civic radiator and del sol radiator are identical (with exception of the del sol vtec).
[post=555880]Quoted post[/post]​

??? I know that...my problem lies with the outlets on the one i got from fluidyne being too large for the hoses

I think if i had some kind of grease on the fittings I could force it on, but right now it's too tight to push it on all the way dry

Originally posted by ericL@Sep 17 2005, 01:46 PM
I think if i had some kind of grease on the fittings I could force it on, but right now it's too tight to push it on all the way dry
[post=555917]Quoted post[/post]​

Always use lube....

I mean, so you don't bend the fittings. :angel:

So I talked to an ex-fluidyne shop guy and turns out they just make all the civic radiator inlet/oulets 1-1/4" instead of having both 1-1/4" and 1-1/8". AND! He said from his experience KY actually worked the best for forcing the hoses over the slightly bigger fitting. Note to self tho: make sure your girlfriend knows where you're going with her KY when you go out to work on your car lol.

Back