What I Was Doing Till 3am...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 25 2003, 03:11 AM
Hmmmmmm only $19k for a used one? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

do shave some of those ideas that just crossed your mind!

Originally posted by 90 accord+Jan 25 2003, 02:13 AM-->
@Jan 25 2003, 03:11 AM
Hmmmmmm only $19k for a used one? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

Shave? Or do you mean share?

I'm looking into buying a new car- somewhere in the $35k range in the near future... and $19k for a used S2k is definitely in that price range. The only car I was considering used was an IS300 manual and then turbo later, but a used S2k with money left to buy some Comptech goodies fits in there too. I just need 4 doors and 4 seats though... this new car was partially contingent on getting rid of the Civic.

Originally posted by Calesta+Jan 25 2003, 03:20 AM-->
Originally posted by 90 accord@Jan 25 2003, 02:13 AM
Calesta
@Jan 25 2003, 03:11 AM
Hmmmmmm only $19k for a used one?  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

Shave? Or do you mean share?

I'm looking into buying a new car- somewhere in the $35k range in the near future... and $19k for a used S2k is definitely in that price range. The only car I was considering used was an IS300 manual and then turbo later, but a used S2k with money left to buy some Comptech goodies fits in there too. I just need 4 doors and 4 seats though... this new car was partially contingent on getting rid of the Civic.

For hauling people around? I could take 4 people out to dinner in the S2000. Once at a a time - drop them off, go get the other.

:)

Seriously, the car sticks to the road like glue, accelerates like crazy and attracts as much coversation than a UFO sighting over NYC. Go test-drive one. Now. They're cheap cause it's cold.

Ryan

its cold where you are warm where mike is.... there was a 2001 s200 at a dealer here that had a comptech headers, comptech exhaust and supercharger with gay ass 18's with a wing going for 33,000 it didn't have that many miles on it. i nutted when i saw it :D

Sorry for the pole in the middle - it started snowing outside; we just finished buffing the kit and installed the wing:

side-clean.jpg

side-angle.jpg

kit-frontal.jpg

If only the hood was here :(

Now on to the stereo and interior... B)
Ryan

That's the style wing I've been looking for my car. Too bad it's probably worth more than my engine.
Car looks beautiful.

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Jan 26 2003, 11:42 PM
i don't know 'bout that wing mang. :unsure:

Neither did I originally, but it's Mugen - wind-tunnel tested, 200lbs of down-force @ 80MPH. Bolts to the factory holes, too - quality is flawless.

The car looks really good except for the wing. Atleast you have the only Honda that a wing can be functional on.

don't listen to them man. I think the wing looks hott. keep it! I'm looking for a wing similar for my crx, except we know how that is. wing options are limited on a crx. Gotta find a tiny little hatch wing. i was thinking carbon fiber. By the way, your S2K is hott. I would love to have one of those cars. What color is your paint job? kinda looks like a metallic black/grey tri-color sort of deal. I'm getting my car repainted, and i'm trying to figure out what color to go with.

Originally posted by RFHOMI2U@Jan 27 2003, 12:47 AM
don't listen to them man. I think the wing looks hott. keep it! I'm looking for a wing similar for my crx, except we know how that is. wing options are limited on a crx. Gotta find a tiny little hatch wing. i was thinking carbon fiber. By the way, your S2K is hott. I would love to have one of those cars. What color is your paint job? kinda looks like a metallic black/grey tri-color sort of deal. I'm getting my car repainted, and i'm trying to figure out what color to go with.

It's Berlina Black - straight black, no pearl or metallic. :)

Originally posted by RyanS2K+Jan 26 2003, 11:58 PM-->
kylemarhx
@Jan 26 2003, 11:42 PM
i don't know 'bout that wing mang. :unsure:

Neither did I originally, but it's Mugen - wind-tunnel tested, 200lbs of down-force @ 80MPH. Bolts to the factory holes, too - quality is flawless.

i take it back, i wasen't aware of how functional it is, i just figured it was some rice wing. sorry 'bout that, that's some mad downforce y0! good job on the s2k... i love it. :)

Originally posted by RFHOMI2U@Jan 27 2003, 12:47 AM

dude, a wing on the crx would be rice as hell. check out jeff's post ^^^. the reason he says that is cuz ryan has the only (USDM) honda that is rear wheel drive. putting a wing on your crx would put downforce on the rear and take traction off of your driving tires. don't do it dude, there's no point.

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Jan 27 2003, 01:16 AM
i take it back, i wasen't aware of how functional it is, i just figured it was some rice wing. sorry 'bout that, that's some mad downforce y0! good job on the s2k... i love it. :)

The car tends to get sorta light in the ass-end over 100MPH... not too bad, but it's noticable. This is the only piece I could find that had actually been tested and had documented results. I dislike big-ass GT wings, personally - I think they're too ricey and (in most cases) pointless. This only sits 4-5 inches off the lid; it's about 1/3rd as tall as the DC5R wing on our RSX; much less noticable.

It'll definitely help when running a course, though - which I hope to start doing this summer. Worst case, I can sell it for what I paid for it and bolt the useless OEM wing to the holes :)

a wing on a crx is purley for looks, and IMO only one can pull it off, i hate all the others, the only one i like is wings west whaletail wing
s3e34d1ecca162.jpg

s3e34d2017e997.jpg

and btw, while we are talking about wings, look what i found on ebay while looking for the above pics......this has got to be the gayest thing ive ever seen CRX hood wing

:ghey: :puke: :tfg:

hahahah - a hood wing???? :tfg:

That's almost as bad as my girl's brother who wanted to mold a roof scoop onto the roof of his car. Was all set to do it, till I explained to him that being as it was a del Sol and the roof comes off, it's probably not a good idea to try to help it. Of course, this is the same guy that:

1) dumped the neuspeed springs I gave him in favor of a $29.95 set of eBay coilovers ("because they're blue")
2) is getting ready to spend $1200 to have some ass-quality paint job done, ignoring the fact the motor smokes and the clutch slips
3) considers his faux-carbon fiber e-brake handle and dash kit the coolest thing since sliced bread
4) claims to beat Mustang GTs with said blue smoke, clutch slippage, a riceboy muffler and a $19.99 ebay CAI
5) forgets the fact that his car, his kit, his wheels and the bulk fo the stuff on the car was the shit I didn't want when i was building my Sol
6) swears up and down that the RSX and the S2000 are the biggest pieces of shit

:withstupid:

Originally posted by kylemarhx+Jan 27 2003, 07:19 AM-->
@Jan 27 2003, 12:47 AM
don't listen to them man. I think the wing looks hott. keep it! I'm looking for a wing similar for my crx, except we know how that is. wing options are limited on a crx. Gotta find a tiny little hatch wing.

dude, a wing on the crx would be rice as hell....

They don't all look rice like this...
s3e34d44b0e183.jpg
some are ok like this one's not so bad...
s3e34d4382b642.jpg
if you get rid of the top one.By the way sorry to butt in,Ryan that s2k is so sweet,excellent job.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Jan 27 2003, 01:39 AM
a wing on a crx is purley for looks,
s3e34d1ecca162.jpg

not completly

that wing will actually serve a purpose ... downforce? no

but what it does is reduce drag by reducing the air "swirl" directly behind the car... this will raise the acheivable top speed as well as fuel economy

back to my main point (and jeff's... i think), why would you want down force on a FWD car? think of it like this... if you push on the back of a crx (downforce), the front is going to come up, which will take traction off of the tires that are pushing your car (a bad thing). as for being rice... some are more than others, but it's all a personal prefrence (sp?) and wasen't my point, i'm just sayin' it's pointless. as for reducing drag and therefore increasing top speed... that's bs, sure it's possible, but it's not what those wings are designed for and it's not what they're gonna do. those wings are made to "look cool" (rice). like ryan said... the mugen wing was the only one that he could find that has been windtunnel tested and proven to be functional by producing downforce on a RWD car.

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Jan 27 2003, 02:02 AM-->
@Jan 27 2003, 01:39 AM
a wing on a crx is purley for looks,
s3e34d1ecca162.jpg

not completly

that wing will actually serve a purpose ... downforce? no

but what it does is reduce drag by reducing the air "swirl" directly behind the car... this will raise the acheivable top speed as well as fuel economy

damn. i love that wing! never seen it before. wings west huh :D time to hit the WW site!

BTW, that "hood wing" is just a regular wing that he mounted to his hood. totally ghey and useless :lol:

Back