What import mag do you read?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spectacle

I bought a modified mag the other day because they had a special on tires which was right up my alley because i'm buying new tires pretty soon. So i was curious as to what magazine you guys read and why? I like modified mag because they try to touch a little bit of the whole scene, not just hondas and acuras.

sportscar (scca), honda tuning, and import tuner

i used to read just about every import magazine a few years ago. now i dont read that crap any more because its all just the same articles, the same cars, the same shows and the same miscellaneous other crap just re-hashed. its all boring to read now...

import tuner, super street, sport compact car, honda tuning, and the nopi mag sometimes, and i also read road&track, as well as car&driver.

SCC, cuz i get it free
C&D cuz i get it free
Maxim, cuz i get it free

see a correlation here?

If i had to pay for them, straight up, I wouldn't.

oh wait i do read Excellence Magazine also

and ill pick up anything that has an article or feature on a car i like

but i still stand by my oppinion that most car magazines are crap

sometimes grassroots, although I haven't in a while.
Any truck magazine that deals with lifting trucks (not minitrucker) and 4 wheeling when i am really bored at work.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Jul 5 2004, 04:14 PM
i used to read just about every import magazine a few years ago. now i dont read that crap any more because its all just the same articles, the same cars, the same shows and the same miscellaneous other crap just re-hashed. its all boring to read now...

:werd:
I just like SCC because when they arent talking about feature cars they have some pretty good articles, especially the technobabble part... but my subscription ran out :( the non-aftermarket ones like Car and Driver are good. They tried to do a tuner magazine and it pretty much just looked like trash though.

hmm........all of them really, subscriber for 4 or so years, but I haven't received any int he mail for about two or so years, I always go to the bookstore and read through, if I really like some articles and rides then i will buy.

Grassroots MS, Sport Compact Tuning, and Honda Tuning, occationally ill pick up a Road and Track or Motor Trend if there is anything interesting i see.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 5 2004, 07:26 PM
oh wait i do read Excellence Magazine also

and ill pick up anything that has an article or feature on a car i like

but i still stand by my oppinion that most car magazines are crap

definately. Super Street, Import tuner, HCI are all ricer mag crap

Back