What is a jumper?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRXSI91

it says,in order to conver a automatic p28 ecu,into a manual one..you have to remove the rp17 jumper..and install one across rp18...now..

i looked at the inside of the ecu..and theres little small "ant" lookin things running across rp17 and 18...are those jumpers?? cus if so..all i have to do,is remove rp17,and the ecu will be a manual one..someone please help me out.

Those ant looking things are resistors. You remove both the rp17 and 18 resistors and replace the rp18 one with a jumper. A jumper is just a peice of wire.

Originally posted by b16coupe@Dec 13 2004, 11:16 PM
Those ant looking things are resistors. You remove both the rp17 and 18 resistors and replace the rp18 one with a jumper. A jumper is just a peice of wire.
[post=431730]Quoted post[/post]​

can it be any piece of wire? or does it have to be copper or something?

yes, there are jumpers that look like regular resistors that come in the ecu, but you don't need to use ones like that. just cut a leg off of another resistor or capacitor or something, i wouldn't really suggest using wire b/c if the wire is too thick, it won't conduct too well.

phone wire is what i use to repair all my circuts from my ecu to hdrives.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Dec 14 2004, 05:17 PM
phone wire is what i use to repair all my circuts from my ecu to hdrives.
[post=432113]Quoted post[/post]​

dayum, that's a good idea, i always use those gay jumper repair kits from radio shack to repair circuits, but those jumpers are kind of thick and hard to make really tight bends if you're working in a tight area, i may have to try the phone wire ;)

Back