What is a resonator? a cat?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
screw you and you nonsmog testing state.... i just failed my inspection cause i did that.... psh...

florida is the same way. At one time i owned an old beat up chevy truck and i ran exhust from the headers to the side of the body under the door. and drove it for a long time like that. i got some some noise violation warnings but thats it.

hey guys i have a quick question

im thinking of buying a cat and exaust system

it says it comes with "full header and resonator(racing use only)

so i cant use it on my car?

im confussed can anyone help?

Typically a resonator, goes inline in the exhaust like a cat. It's function is noise cancellation similar to a muffler.

or refer to Blanco's post he's described it better

I believe it's called a test pipe, because the theory back when cats were made mandatory, people came up with the test pipe as a way to "test" to see if the cats were working correctly or not.

Obviously it was pretty much only a way to run with out cats, even then, and I don't think that anyone actually uses them to test anymore... at least in Michigan, we don't have any emissions... yet.

hows that a ricer?

ur a ricer i dont see u on here talking abou tur slw car

hows that a ricer?

ur a ricer i dont see u on here talking abou tur slw car

You sir have no room to talk.

For one, getting an exhaust for the sake of loudness is one of the most ricerish things you can do. I can bet you could care less as to any of the performance benefits a free flowing exhaust can bring, and are more interested in how loud and cool it is. A loud exhaust does nothing but yell "pay attention to my car!" It's one thing ricers use to make their car more noticeable. Cause ricers like to show off.

Another reason you're a ricer is because you're calling him out; talking about his car being slow, having never seen it or heard about it. Maybe the reason you've never heard about it is because he doesn't go around bragging to everybody about it. Ricers tend to bash other peoples cars for no reason whatsoever.

And a third reason you are a ricer is because you're talking about adding an exhaust to a car that can hardly steer or stop, simply because you're prioritizing speed and coolness over general safety, when what you should be doing is figuring how to fix the steering system you messed up.

I'm not one to flame, but that post deserved it. I know you're 15 and learning, but that's no excuse to disrespect people with baseless insults.

Budda that was amazing, uber rep for you! Now seriously mods.. can we please get rid of this kid?? He evedentually just wants to be spoon fed and I know nobody on here wants to put up with it.

^^^
Don't lol. He's an idiot. It's one thing to want to learn about cars, but don't go bashing other people's cars (those who obviously know more than you) because you can't handle the truth. Soon enough, he's not going to have anyone to hide behind when things get rough.

and soon enough he won't get jack shit for help when he needs it on here if he keeps pulling that crap...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back