What is better B16 trany or Ls trany

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

b18delsol

i have a gsr motor and was wondering what would be quicker for it, an B16 tany or Ls trany

yes^ unless your planing on boosting that gsr than get the b16 if you go boost get ls .

Originally posted by brasilianstreet@May 16 2004, 08:19 PM
yes^ unless your planing on boosting that gsr than get the b16 if you go boost get ls .

are you serious dude? please tell me your not.

B16 hands down winner out of these 2.

Originally posted by ndogg+May 16 2004, 08:42 PM-->
brasilianstreet
@May 16 2004, 08:19 PM

your saying a b16 tranny is better on boost than an ls? well the b16 has shorter gears so you wont stay in boost at all which means you wont put out the power your suppose to now as for the ls tranny since they have longer gears your boosting for a long while and hitting top performance .the b16 is a great tranny yea i know i have one my self on my ls/vtec but they are good for all motor more than boost

Originally posted by brasilianstreet+May 16 2004, 09:27 PM-->
Originally posted by ndogg@May 16 2004, 08:42 PM
brasilianstreet
@May 16 2004, 08:19 PM

your saying a b16 tranny is better on boost than an ls? well the b16 has shorter gears so you wont stay in boost at all which means you wont put out the power your suppose to now as for the ls tranny since they have longer gears your boosting for a long while and hitting top performance .the b16 is a great tranny yea i know i have one my self on my ls/vtec but they are good for all motor more than boost

huh? you won't be in boost as long... what?

the shorter gearing will let him wind through the gears faster.

My buddy has a b16 in his hatch back, and due to funds he has to have an LS tranny at the moment and when he shifts at redline into third gear he drops out of VTEC. So the B16 tranny is great for VTEC motors.

yea b16 is a great tranny and its better than the ls but in boost like if you boost and integra ls engine your not going to buy a b16 tranny and put it in the ls and plus you wouldnt want a vtec boost ls engine so the ls tranny is beter for boost in my opinion because the shorter gears are great for n/a but when your shifting in a turbo car you want to stay in boost as long as you can to get the full spulling of the turbo and to put out alot of perofrmance , like its common sense and im not saying either one is better i like the b16 better but if i wanted a turbo car for good price i would get a ls and put a t3/t4 and block gridle hondata s200 with good tuning and i gurante itll pul alot more than ona Si turbo .but lets dro this and get back to his question so i say b16

Ok check it out. here is how you figure out which tranny is better for the street.

Whatever the shortest gears are you can buy that still allow you to "hook up" and get traction.

So for all motor, a VTEC tranny is undisputed, with a JDM Type-R with 4.78 final drive being the best Honda tranny you can buy wtih money.

Best aftermarket tranny I have seen is like a 5.0 final drive with all the gears moved up 1 entire gear from 3rd through 5th. So 5th is fourth, etc..

My prelude Tranny is special made also, for my motor. It has a long first and second gear, then when I shift into 3rd, its really short, so the revs don't drop much. This is called the "power" area of the cars run. For the street in transition from 2nd to 3rd, because of the short gearing the car is really going to JUMP forward and have maximum power sooner.

Jeff

Originally posted by brasilianstreet@May 16 2004, 11:13 PM
yea b16 is a great tranny and its better than the ls but in boost like if you boost and integra ls engine your not going to buy a b16 tranny and put it in the ls and plus you wouldnt want a vtec boost ls engine so the ls tranny is beter for boost in my opinion because the shorter gears are great for n/a but when your shifting in a turbo car you want to stay in boost as long as you can to get the full spulling of the turbo and to put out alot of perofrmance , like its common sense and im not saying either one is better i like the b16 better but if i wanted a turbo car for good price i would get a ls and put a t3/t4 and block gridle hondata s200 with good tuning and i gurante itll pul alot more than ona Si turbo .but lets dro this and get back to his question so i say b16

:nobreed:

full spulling of the turbo

:bo: huked one fonikz werkd fure mee!

shoter gearing = faster acceleration.

Na, boosted, juiced, propane injected, water fed, hydogen eating, batery powered, you name it.

The LS tranny is good for 2 things.
1- good gas mileage.
2- 180mph dashes.

if you dont' care a shit about either of those, the Ls is not for you

i wonder if anyone ever reads what they post, after they posted it. he only used one period and one comma, in the entire post. i may not be perfect but at least when i post somehting i TRY to make it understandable.

I dont really worry about periods on my posts most people dont either . Does it have to be perfect? If so many people speel and use wrogn grammer in here so dont try and hate ,Also as for the tranny i got my own opinion and i beleave what i see so it's all good .

OK, B16 Tranny is definately the best for all motor, Shorter Gears, Faster Acceleration, etc, etc. I have a b16 on my LS and it is definately FAST, Except when your on the highway you cant really go past like 120-130, But youll get there in a HURRY.
Yes LS is better for boost, Long gears, LONGER TIME IN BOOST, FASTER ACCELERATION.

GO B16!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back