1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Is Legal And Not Legal?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by BigJ, Jan 17, 2003.

1. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

Hey all my parts say CARB ex XXXXXX are they totally legal to be on the road in WA? I also have alteeza's(that match my car) and say dot legal? my buddy god pulled over and the cop said they were all illegal but the cop is a true rice hater. He even pulled my mom and I over when were testing a chevelle and had us pop the hood instead of even asking what was wrong or anything. He said that doesn't matter being CARB but hes an assh0le. So is this just the cop or are like i/h/e all illegal?

2. Havok

Havok Senior Member

I think God is ALL of our buddies...And yes, if the say CARB exempt, than all is good...WA prolly dosent even have strict laws, CA is pretty much the only dickhole about it.

3. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

it should be 100% legal. here is a very interesting article about a guy who got ticketed for his altezzas and he went to court to fight it. the judge threw out the charge cause the tezzas had the DOT approval on them.

http://www.speedoptions.com/articles/2861/

4. chevy302dz

chevy302dz Senior Member

Anything that is CARB approved is 50 state legal however at least in CA and I'm not sure about anywhere else you have to have something stating that each part is CARB approved or else you can still be ticketed.

5. paragus

paragus Senior Member

if its legal in cali.. i has to be legal in all the other states.. cali is strick as hell.. and its a pain in my ass!!! :angry:

6. doofnoil

doofnoil Senior Member

The one thing I've learned about cops is that they don't know dick about laws except for they ones they can ticket/arrest you for. He's probably just pissed off cause he's a traffic cop, so unless he gives you a ticket then he's bullshitting you, cause why wouldn't he? I'm just saying that's the way it is in south georgia; they might be smarter up north... <_<

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted