What is Needed EK4 B16A2 to swap Block For B20

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeryjohn

HI Every1 i've been looking through the forums but cannot find a good thread on what you need to change from my EK4's B16A2 1.6l shortblock to a B20 i beleive also known as a frankenstein swap,

i need a detailed list of the parts i need and the mods that need doing for a successful swap,

also if any other parts are available so that i can still have my full range of RPM's (around 8700RPM), basically i want a bulletproof engine just like my stock B16A2 but with more torque(i'm from Gibraltar lots of hills!!)

just put the b16 head on the b20 block run a oil line and drop her right in also use your b16 tranny it will drop right in

i'm not so sure i can DROP it in! what about bigger injectors, radiator, engine mounts etc? surely there must be some other changes surely,no?

Ok so the B20 has the same mounting points and dimentions?? Also what about the fueling FMU or bigger injectors how should i go about this, thanx :):ph34r:

yea all b series will mount the same, nd if you use the whole top half of the b16 just use the injectors and stuff thats in it

And hey presto it runs?? starts no problems no tuning neccesary??? isn't the compression different??
sorry 'bout being sceptical just want to get it right first time:)
thanx again dude:rolleyes:

it should there should be a thread some were in here that covers all you need try the search, but as far as i know all you will have to do is run a oil line as long as you use the whole upper part of the b16

jeryjohn, i understand your confusion. I too would be confused if i was asking the same question and i got some of the most vauge answers ever.

You SHOULDN'T need to tune your motor. And the injectors from the vtec head will be sufficient. Dont worry about fmu's or other fuel management, you wont need em. You'll need to tap the b20 block for oil. If you search on here, google, h-t, wherever... youll find the information you need. I am not 100% so i will not try and tell you how to do it, because i dont want you to blow up your motor lol. I hope this helps you a little more than "just add a oil line and drop it in."

search for a "ls/vtec kit" from golden eagle, it gives you all the necessary parts you need to do a ls/vtec motor or frankenstein

oh and replace the timing belt with a gsr one, use a vtec oil pump, use gsr head studs, and replace the rod bolts if you plan on reving your new engine over the stock redline of a b20

Last edited:
Back