What is needed? GSR block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

som1dies

My brother bought a GSR block and the crank has R020 & M00..So will P72 or p73 rods work but what pistons will he need?

Are those codes on the crankshaft or something?

You are asking what is needed, but the readers aren't clear of what you mean. What is needed, for WHAT? (that's what we need to know)

If it is a GSR crank, only p72/p73 rods will work with shelf pistons. LS rods are too short. Any p72/p73 pistons should work. Buy pistons that fit the gsr rod.

What I meant of what was needed. The codes on the crankshaft, are the codes for anything..like Rods and Pistons. Since the block was bored.

the only codes I know of that are on the crank are for determining what size rod and main bearings to use. Boring the block will not change what type of rods can be used, but obviously you will need to buy pistons that fit. All the major aftermarket piston manufacturers as well as OEM offer oversized pistons. you just need to make sure the pistons will fit the p72/p73 rod. They have the same small end.

Back