what is rear indent on 84-87 civic hb for?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondasaurus

what is rear indent on roof of 84-87 civic hb for?
is it to vent the rear window or some sort of spoiler. anyone know?
here is a not so great pic of someone else's car that kina shows it.

It's so wind at high speeds can pass thru under the wing causing down force on the front of the car.

ha ha funny guys, geez. just trying to figure out the aerodynamics and venting for this square. i'm not familiar enough w/ air flow to know that air would follow the roof line if it dips down. thx for carefully looking at the pic anyways. its safe to say what is under those seat covers is prob worse, maybe someone wrecked their pants. i think his antenna is broken, down for good. i personally keep mine down cuz it works fine and i've lost too many to carwashes. god help the man that inquires of spoilers. and i know venting brings up images of tacky civic m3 fenders. i thought this might happen. i know phryegod had some crazy mpg metro but i'm not sure if he was playing w/ the aerodynamics. and i'm not going for mpg but if i can spend $20 to save a little gas and maybe improve the style or venting i'll prob do it. plus i don't really like my car enough to spend much money on it but i can't help learning about it and working on it for the short time that i will prob have it.

Back