What is Redline for h22?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My cousin swapped an h22 into his 4th generation accord, i was wondering what is redline on that engine? is the stock accord RPM guage accurate with the h22 motor? thanks

i think its likr 7200 or sumthin around there, i always shift at 7300, i've found that has the best results

I think it is 7200 but if you chip your ecu it can handle higher. I don't do it often but it gets fun when you pin the tach of a 96 accord @8 grand. :driver:

The redline is supposed to be 7000, but the fuel cut off is around 7600. The accord cluster is no longer accurate. I have hit 8000 several times with no noticeable damage. You won't accelerate any faster by overspinning the engine, but it can handle a lot.

i know it redlines higher than 7k, and its not wise to take a stock h22 much over its redline, its not made to handle high rpms like gsrs, b16s etc.

redline is 7200 and i beleive fuel cut is 7600 or 7800 as far as over revving goes that is what the fuel cut/rev limiter is for...but ya i wouldnt go chipping your ecu and looking to turn a 1000 more rpms cause you wont go any faster and it will not be a good thing for the motor...bottom line, shift youll go faster

yea i think the redline is about 7200-7500 rpm somewhere there.
but when i feel like goin vtec i usually go around there but i noticed dat it can go up to 8000 or more
but i think thats pushing it

Back