What is Scientology ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
On the other hand, these people are two things: Americans, and Assholes. The problem is that they are 99% asshole, .01% American and .09% liberal. These same people piss all over America and make no hesitation to use their celebrity as a big megaphone.

Then you have the higher ups in the corporations... 90% asshole, 10% conservative, ZERO PERCENT AMERICAN.

These are the guys that get nine out of every ten cents of the 20 dollars you laid down for the latest CD of your favorite group. These are the guys that think it's okay to install programs on your computer that monitor and control your system and what you can/cannot do with that CD. What's funny is that if you remove this program from your computer, it has a chance of crippling it. Funnier even, the code used to make this trojan malware was STOLEN.

Now... catch this!

You download music, circumvent copy protection, whatever... you get fined and go to JAIL.

The corporations steal someone else's code, violating copyright law, use this stolen code to circumvent copy protection (some of the code was designed to circumvent Apple's Fairplay) which is a violation of the DMCA, and install and subsequently hide this code which has the possibility of wrecking your system, being a violation of law as well...

AND WHAT HAPPENS?!!?

"Awww... we fucked up, we're sorry. Please keep buying our price fixed sub-par crap. Oh, don't steal music!"

From the corporations to the government and its administration... we're told one thing:

"Do as we say, not as we do."

Isn't that a bit of a double standard? Isn't that a bit hypocritical?

Hey, I didn't vote for 'em.

Please, name for me one Media, record label, or software company headed by a conservative.

Incorrect.

NPR is now headed by a reknowned Conservative. That's been a week old though.

But he hasn't been there long enough to make a fair evaluation. As far as Fox being "dyed in the wool" conservative, make an argument. They allow Anne Coulter in front of cameras, but that's about it. http://www.foxnews.com/ Go ahead, find me one conservative article.

Quoted post[/post]]
Incorrect.

NPR is now headed by a reknowned Conservative. That's been a week old though.

But he hasn't been there long enough to make a fair evaluation. As far as Fox being "dyed in the wool" conservative, make an argument. They allow Anne Coulter in front of cameras, but that's about it. http://www.foxnews.com/ Go ahead, find me one conservative article.

You absolutely, positively, 110% must be kidding me.

Let's see... Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Really Owl, and Rupert Murdoch. Hell, Rupie doesn't make it a secret that he's a diehard rightie, and that's who heads up your "Fair and Balanced".

Perhaps you've also seen the interoffice memos?

It doesn't take much to notice that FOX is horribly slanted to the right. Of course to you everything is slammed to the left, so FOX seems unbiased to you.

Granted the vast majority of media is biased one way or the other, but I'm dead serious... you must have a few screws loose not to notice the slant on FOX.

EDIT: Oh, and your question to me was this: "Please, name for me one Media, record label, or software company headed by a conservative."

"Murdoch is a political conservative, despite the fact that he has been a strong supporter of British Prime Minister Tony Blair of the Labour Party. In the early 1970s he supported the Australian Labor Party, but since 1975 he has generally supported the conservative parties in Australia. In the United States he usually supports Republicans."

There you go. I am quite correct.

However, and this is quite funny, I will point out your IMMEDIATE defensive stance the instant FOX gets mentioned alongside the words conservative or biased.

That made me laugh because it was so easily predictable.

Quoted post[/post]]

Let's see... Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Really Owl, and Rupert Murdoch. Hell, Rupie doesn't make it a secret that he's a diehard rightie, and that's who heads up your "Fair and Balanced".

Perhaps you've also seen the interoffice memos?

Perhaps you've seen the ABC, CBS and CNN interoffice memos ? The ones where they promise to "end it really quick with this one about Bush's National Guard career" or the flat-out made up Ted Koppel shit that he typed on MS Word. Tom Brokaw is a staunch democrat, and editor-in-chief boss at his little spin house.

Ann Coulter doesn't have a show. She's a frequent guest because they are the only ones that will allow her on the air.

Colmes has his own show now. Hannity was kept onboard.

Bill O'Reilly hates everyone, and he foams at the mouth for personal viewpoints.
It doesn't take much to notice that FOX is horribly slanted to the right. Of course to you everything is slammed to the left, so FOX seems unbiased to you.

Pot calling the kettle black huh ?

EDIT: Oh, and your question to me was this: "Please, name for me one Media, record label, or software company headed by a conservative."

"Murdoch is a political conservative, despite the fact that he has been a strong supporter of British Prime Minister Tony Blair of the Labour Party. In the early 1970s he supported the Australian Labor Party, but since 1975 he has generally supported the conservative parties in Australia. In the United States he usually supports Republicans."

There you go. I am quite correct.

don't twirl your handlebar mustache yet, Snidely. "Political Conservative" ".. despite the fact..." "He usually supports republicans" Sounds pretty balanced to me. So no, Murdoch isn't the foaming-at-the-mouth conservative you're looking for. Move along.

Now, the real question was - Find me political bias in any of those articles on the front page of Fox (I haven't read it today, so surprise me)

You dream of beating me at this, don't you :)

Quoted post[/post]]
Perhaps you've seen the ABC, CBS and CNN interoffice memos ? The ones where they promise to "end it really quick with this one about Bush's National Guard career" or the flat-out made up Ted Koppel shit that he typed on MS Word. Tom Brokaw is a staunch democrat, and editor-in-chief boss at his little spin house.

So, you're not denying FOX's internal memos? I won't deny those. I haven't seen them so I cannot confirm nor deny them in any matter. However that does not get around the original point of the debate... that FOX is hard leaning right.

Ann Coulter doesn't have a show. She's a frequent guest because they are the only ones that will allow her on the air.

And what does THAT tell you? You MUST be SLAMMED to the right in order to let her certifiable ass in front of a camera.

Colmes has his own show now. Hannity was kept onboard.

One down...

Bill O'Reilly hates everyone, and he foams at the mouth for personal viewpoints.

LIBERAL! LIBERAL! LIBERAL! COMMIE! COMMIE! COMMIE!

So, show me where he hates conservatives.

Pot calling the kettle black huh ?

And to you the same.

don't twirl your handlebar mustache yet, Snidely. "Political Conservative" ".. despite the fact..." "He usually supports republicans" Sounds pretty balanced to me. So no, Murdoch isn't the foaming-at-the-mouth conservative you're looking for. Move along.

Now, the real question was - Find me political bias in any of those articles on the front page of Fox (I haven't read it today, so surprise me)

You dream of beating me at this, don't you :)

The two words "political conservative" mean just that. Political. Conservative. You did a fancy lil con trick there... nice if I do say so myself. The despite the fact gets taken out of context if not sitting right beside the rest of that line he has been a strong supporter of Blair and the Labour party. Now that does constitute a despite the fact since the British Labour Party is for the most part democratic in its views.

Now, seeing Blair and Bush walking hand in hand through the 'war on terror', it's no suprise that he supports them both. Remember, Celly... war makes news... news sells... Rupie has one of, if not the, largest global stakes in the news industry.

Bring on the bloodshed!

In the United States he usually supports Republicans That part says the most about his slant in the state that matters in this discussion... ours.

Now, I will give you that I cannot on the front page find bias, but I don't think you will be able to find any on the front pages of ANY news site. Now, watch said news station and its shows and you'll start to see the slant. FOX's just happens to be towards the hard right. I think you're one of the very few that will debate that.

Dream of beating you at the spin-o-matic? Naah, can't play the spin game against the right. How we went from "show me a conservative owner of a media/record company" to "find bias on their site" is rather amazing. The two, although not far apart, are very very different.

Please, name for me one Media, record label, or software company headed by a conservative.

Back