What is the best 5 speed fluid to use

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Flores5053

Hi guys I was just wondering what type of fluid inshould use in a b series tranny?

Why do some people argue only honda fluid and others say any engine oil? Is honda fluid better than say amsoil/royal purple/motul etc. Anyone use lucas additive? Also, I have read in a couple places than the synchros aren't what's grinding that its some other piece than can be filed/sanded(with tranny apart lol) and this solves the problem, like the metal has become burred from not hitting gears spot on.

I think Honda fluid is better because it's kinda geared towards the transmissions made by the same company...

honda started selling mtf around 1996.
for transmissions made before that they recomeneded 10/30wt motor oil.
enjoy the kool aid...

it all depends on what your doing with the car: track, daily driving or shady street racing. the more abuse you put on your tranny, the heavier the fluid you need to use. but if your tranny does grind, changing the fluid helps a little bit but its not going to eliminate it. to eliminate it, rebuild then use a reputable fluid and change it often. for fluid i recommend anything but 10/30wt oil, nothing against it but it burns easy.

Back