What Is the Best Fuel Regulator on The Market???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CReX123

Im looking to buy a Fuel Pressure Regulator to go with my STR Fuel Rail.

What does everyone think is the Best Fuel Pressure Regulator On the Market???????

I have an LS swap in my CRX, Mods are CAI, TB, IM, Headers, Cam Gears, Fuel Rail, Exhaust.

The B&M works, but you have to 'hack' your stock FPR...which leaves room for error. I'd go with something like the AEM...never heard anything bad about the AEM...had one on the FoDo, worked fine...

Now an AEM fuel rail, however....if you get one of THOSE, be damn sure to install it correctly, and if you strip out the fitting on the fuelline side of it, don't just try to braze it to keep it from leaking...doing that has been known to burn a B16 FoDo....

:blink:

I say hands down B&M, cheap and they have been running fine on at least 6 cars that I know for a fact, including mine.

Edit: I just glanced at your post again and all the cars i speak of are running STR rails as well.

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Feb 5 2005, 02:03 AM
I say hands down B&M, cheap and they have been running fine on at least 6 cars that I know for a fact, including mine.

Edit: I just glanced at your post again and all the cars i speak of are running STR rails as well.
[post=456796]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree with Mike (b16crx) for the first time. :lol:

Originally posted by integraslut78@Feb 5 2005, 12:57 PM

I agree with Mike (b16crx) for the first time. :lol:
[post=456806]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol: Its cause your finally right about somthing!

i agree with beerbongskickass though...i had a b&m one on my lsvtec, and eventually just set it to stock and got larger injectors. according to my data logs I was at 100% duty cycle before redline until I increased the injector size

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Feb 6 2005, 06:23 PM
The stock fuel rail and FPR work fine, so I don't see the need to change them.
[post=457179]Quoted post[/post]​

yup.

there is 0 need for you to require more fuel pressure based on your mod list.
the fuel rail was a waste of money too.

when you get to the point where you need more fuel- you need larger injectors. thats all there is too it.

i had the stock FPR on my turbo gsr. 0 problems. made close to 300 whp on a fucked up block, and a shit tune :)

I run the AEM on mine along with the AEM Fuel rail.. works like a Charm.. I only put them on when I did the Nitrous so I could tap the Rail for the Wet Kit... Plus they look pretty.. :)

I'm gonna go ahead and fall in line with B...I made 201 whp all motor on the stock fuel rail and stock FPR, with a Walboro 255lph pump and DSM 450 injectors...

An aftermarket is just one more thing that could go wrong and cause your car to burn up in your college parking lot in front of 2000 people.

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 7 2005, 07:24 PM
An aftermarket is just one more thing that could go wrong and cause your car to burn up in your college parking lot in front of 2000 people.
[post=457609]Quoted post[/post]​

Sounds like that comes from personal experience.. :)

Originally posted by CarAudiophile@Feb 7 2005, 04:26 PM
Sounds like that comes from personal experience.. :)
[post=457612]Quoted post[/post]​

Thank You Captain Obvious! :lol:

Back