What is the best Honda/Acura Engine for runing boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SunShine00

Eager Student
I'm trying to figure out which engine is best for boost and what modifications it needs. My hp goal is about 300whp , but i want this engine to be VERY reliable, I have about 6k to spend.

I'm planning on putting the motor in my EG si hatch

Thank You for any input ;)

Solution
You don't "need" them... but they are nice insurance against the increased strain on your engine. Plenty of people have gotten good numbers reliably on a totally stock motor. The key to reliability is tuning. Get a chipped ecu with hondata, chrome, ext... and get a trustworthy tuner to dial it in on a dyno.

Pick 2:

Cheap - Reliable - Fast
Go Dseries!

I remember when Bseries was in the middel of there OMG BSERIES*Squirt* phase and everyone said fuck a dseries....little did they know.

, well if you put a whole bunch of oem honda parts on a b16, you would have alot more power, the engine itself might cost you a little more like 500-1000, but the parts would cost the same , but hey different strokes for different folks they say, but ill take the sound and high rev's of my dohc to you sohc anyday

nice whip blanco, good price too,
I think im gona go with the b16 turbo with internals done, or possibly a d series,lol, but im gona give it some thought, if i can save 3k i might jus do it

thanks alot for all help

I vote for an LS motor, with the LS tranny.

I agree with Brutal on this one. You should build up an LS motor to handle a hefty turbo setup (sleeves, girdle, pistons, crank, rods, etc.), then if you still need your high revving beast then ls-vtec it. I would get a GSR head IMO.

Last edited:
I agree with Brutal on this one. You should build up an LS motor to handle a hefty turbo setup (sleeves, girdle, pistons, crank, rods, etc.), then if you still need your high revving beast then ls-vtec it. I would get a GSR head IMO.

But running a boosted LS and installing GSR head will raise his compression. He can build a reliable boosted LS and still hit 8k safely (i.e. with the correct parts, etc.). But in the same breath, you can build a reliable boosted LSV as well but more attention and care will be required for your build.

Back