What is the best motor to put in a 1996 hondacivic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shaun

I have a 1996 honda civic and I want a motor swap , so what would be the best motor to get?

there is no "best"

it all depends what you plan to use the car for

I want to race it sometimes, and also I want to get to 13 flat in the quarter mile? Which motor will help me get there the quickest with the least amount of work and money to spend on it?

they are all great motors, i would go with the Type R or the GSR, the GSR's intake manafold has a thing in it that looks like the flap, in the throttle body, there are 4 flaps for each hole, they are normaly colesed during normal drivin conditionns, they block a 2nd passageway for the air to go, but when you hit i think 4500 or something around there they open up, giving u bad ass torque. so half the time this actualy has more torque than the Type R. but the Type R is bad assssss. i have read about a lot of import drag cars that have the Type R, and they are a very fast motor, they type r puts out like right around 200hp, the GSR puts 179 about. the bigest thing is how much $$$ do u got to put into it? the Type R is gona be the most expencive outa them all i believe. good luck

the guy above this ---> :asshat: ---> :usuck: ----> :nobreed: i know this for a fact from some of his other posts, just trying to keep the ball rolling seeing as how i hate people who steal cars or condone it!

as for the topic, from what i understand an h22 swap puts you in the 13's stock though im not sure if it will slap right in or not i just have heard that h22+civic= high 13 sec times though i would opt for the GS-R (b18c1) or type R (b18c5) over the h22.

lmfao udt, you need some chocolate, call me back when you get off your period and get over it. fucknut.

not to hijack this guys shit but wtf are you talking about?
:gives: :asshat: move on to a forum where people dont get there hard worked for shit stolen and broken into on what seems like a daily basis.

lay off the emoticons. damn. and 1) i said i hope he gets jacked because he is SIXTEEN with a tv in his fuckin riced out car, he didnt work for shit. maybe he bought some of it, but im willing to bet my car his parents bought most of the shit. 2) he hasnt gotten jacked daily, so dont even say that. i think you have some unresolved issues with theft, dont take it out on me that your shit got jacked.

GSR+turbo=win

or cheaper

built LS+turbo=win

Originally posted by cointelpro@Nov 21 2003, 06:34 PM
lay off the emoticons. damn. and 1) i said i hope he gets jacked because he is SIXTEEN with a tv in his fuckin riced out car, he didnt work for shit. maybe he bought some of it, but im willing to bet my car his parents bought most of the shit. 2) he hasnt gotten jacked daily, so dont even say that. i think you have some unresolved issues with theft, dont take it out on me that your shit got jacked.

GSR+turbo=win

or cheaper

built LS+turbo=win

Who cares how old he is or how he got his stuff, as long as it's legit. End of that discussion.

All motor=ITR

Turbo=GSR Turbo or LS Turbo

Cheap 13's=B16 Nitrous

my .02

i was talking about people here geting jacked! seems very other day theres a new story on top of my own story of people trying to jack... so either way your the dumb ass. and i will use all the damn icons i want thats what their there for dumb ass..... to be used! besides they all were used with you in mind i dont see the problem :spin:

Back