What Is The Best Shifter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

quick_civic

im looking for a shifter but i dont know what to get. Can anyone help me. 1999 civic si.

If you want OEM get a hold of a type R shiftlinkage and shifter,I got lucky and scored one with my swap and it is very nice.

the skunk2 setup is very nice .... get the full setup with the knob
i have this on my car and i love it ..... very solid possitive engagement
:thumbsup:

i second the skunk2 short shifter, very nice, but i have a spoon shift knob :D
:thumbsup:

B&M short shifter. I think it's like stage 3 race shifter. 54% shorter than stock. I drove one in a 00 si. It's sweet.

I used neuspeed and it feels like a atari conroller.. I like it alot.

Originally posted by TRuggiero_@Apr 2 2003, 08:16 PM
B&M short shifter. I think it's like stage 3 race shifter. 50% shorter than stock. I drove one in a 00 si. It's sweet.

B has one and says it rattles and a friend has one and it feel like 5th gear is 3 feet from 4th gear.

Skunk2 IMO.

yeah Bs B&M does rattle and squeak like hell ... the shifting isnt nearly as smooth or easy as the Skunk2

chopped stock y0! cheap and still smooth. but i have this gay nob that resonates at certain rpm and it is fucking annoying. i will never buy another thing made by obx.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Apr 4 2003, 01:37 AM
chopped stock y0! cheap and still smooth.

chopping the shifter doesn't do you any good. it doesn't change the length between shifts etc..
To be effective you need to actually increase the distance from the pivot to the shift linkage.
effectively changing the shifters mechanical advantage.

i had
1)B&M (with their stabilizer kit)
2)Pacesetter
3) Neuspeed

and would use them in that order, i never noticed any of the rattling or squeaking with the B&M but it was in an accord so i don't know about the civic version but in my opinion B&M ownz

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 3 2003, 10:40 PM
yeah Bs B&M does rattle and squeak like hell ... the shifting isnt nearly as smooth or easy as the Skunk2

B&M SUCKS
by far, the worst mod i ever did to the car

and that includes
CF wipers
tenzo exhaust
ractive intake

:ph34r:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 5 2003, 12:46 AM
B&M SUCKS
by far, the worst mod i ever did to the car

and that includes
CF wipers
tenzo exhaust
ractive intake

:ph34r:

ah, you forgot the Ractive peice of shit coilovers.

Maybe you installed it wrong or shoulda replaced the bushings while you were down there. I'm just sayin my friends Si almost made me cream my pants it was so smooth and precise.

CRX-YEM Posted on Apr 4 2003, 10:43 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (saturn_boy96 @ Apr 4 2003, 01:37 AM)
chopped stock y0! cheap and still smooth.

chopping the shifter doesn't do you any good. it doesn't change the length between shifts etc..
To be effective you need to actually increase the distance from the pivot to the shift linkage.
effectively changing the shifters mechanical advantage.

it does if you add your own spacer between the pivot to the shift linkage. it was easy. made one cut about 2" above the pivot and one directly underneath it. then i flipped the pivot and presto the shifter is about 1.5" shorter and my shift throw was shortened too.

I had the b&m and yes it rattles

replaced it with a skunk2 dual bend. just wished I got this in the first place.

Back