what is the best swap for a 90 accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

roman_pushkin

what is the best swap for a 90 accord and where could i find the engine for a good price

An OBD I H22 can be swapped into a '90-to-'93 chassis using all the stock engine mounts. The exhaust system is a direct bolt up (aside from being painfully small) with the Prelude's downpipe and cat. Your original fuel rail will work on the H22, and you also won't need to swap the 6 and 11 pin on the ECU. If your oldie has an automatic, you'll need P/N 60831-SM4-300ZZ to mount the manual transmission. On the plus side, the earlier chassis is about 100 pounds lighter, and if you're picky, you can still get four-wheel discs.

That sounds pretty familiar.. probably because you stole it out of an article published by Sport Compact Car

:eek:

:tfg:

rb26dett. and what's your budget?

Seriously? I think you'd be dumb to drop 10 or 15 grand converting an 18 year old Honda Accord to run a RWD Nissan setup, but whatever floats your boat.

As far as 'best' I don't know but, if you have a good substantial budget, I read somewhere you can use the B16 tranny to make a F20C from an S2000 into FWD. That would put you at 240 OEM ponies.

:lol:

For that kind of budget you might as well buy an H22 and drop cams + bolt ons on it and make the same HP.

As far as 'best' I don't know but, if you have a good substantial budget, I read somewhere you can use the B16 tranny to make a F20C from an S2000 into FWD. That would put you at 240 OEM ponies.

You heard wrong. A B16 tranny will NOT bolt up to an S2000 motor.

Back