What is the best type of muffler

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Weirdman77@ol.com

Tell me what the best kind of muffler i can get inexpensively i only have around 200 and want a muffler that is loud and sounds good

http://www.dynomax.com
these are good performance mufflers and not expensive. got mine with shop-made 2.25" cat-back piping INSTALLED for $120 (from a local muffler shop) they sound good too, and are not very loud. trust me, you dont want to be loud. unless you like having headaches.

BTW, pep boys is now selling dynomax mufflers and mandrel-bent piping (at least here in socal)

I just got a magnaflow, I should have it on my car by sunday, so I will post results and whatnot by then.

I have heard great things about thermal Research and design, magnaflow, borla, greddy, dynomax, apex, tanabe, etc. It matters what you are going for in sound, looks, performance, etc.

I have a thermal in my car, a cat back set up in my 00 ex, I'm very pleased. Apparently it is comparable to the greddy and its a bit cheaper. Full stainless, good sound (although not to loud and cherry bomb like), and I was pleased with the gains I noticed (I's to po for a dyno, so only what I noticed). Unfortunetly I feel like its out of the $200 dollar price range. If I remember correctly I paid around $450 I think. Might be worth saving the extra $$.

Back