What is the point?

• Thread starter Jesus Christ
  • Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 1K

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

J

Jesus Christ

Whats up everybody? A lot of people are asking about H23 blocks with H22 head. I looked at the torque for both motors and they are the same. What is the point of putting a H22 head on a H23 block? I guess it would be the same as a regular H22 exept for the internals on the H23 block would not as prepared for the higher horsepower and vtec like the complete H22. There must be something i do not know about. Let me know whats the point or what i am missing. Thanks.

From what i can tell, and have read. For the money you would spend to do a h22/h23 hybrid, you could have just dropped the h22 in your car.

it yeilds like 100 CC of combustion area or something... you could also put f22 lower end Crank, rods, pistons into the H22 and have a 2.3L some ideas i've heard

basically it's like "stroking" your h22. more displacement etc etc. in the idealists mind. it combines the best of both worlds. the early torque produced from the h23 and the highend power of the h22.

when built right. it is very powerful. when built wrong. cranks snap and rod bearings spin. it's really not worth it at this point because many people haven't tried it. and many people don't try to "explore" the potentials of it.

for now. the h22 still is easier to do. just swap it.

Originally posted by Jesus Christ@Oct 22 2003, 11:39 PM
Whats up everybody? A lot of people are asking about H23 blocks with H22 head. I looked at the torque for both motors and they are the same. What is the point of putting a H22 head on a H23 block? I guess it would be the same as a regular H22 exept for the internals on the H23 block would not as prepared for the higher horsepower and vtec like the complete H22. There must be something i do not know about. Let me know whats the point or what i am missing. Thanks.

Dude...you're Jesus Christ...you should know the answers to your own question.

Originally posted by jdmlude92@Oct 22 2003, 08:41 PM
when built right. it is very powerful. when built wrong. cranks snap and rod bearings spin. it's really not worth it at this point because many people haven't tried it. and many people don't try to "explore" the potentials of it.

for now. the h22 still is easier to do. just swap it.

:werd: :withstupid:

me and my cousin just finished my h23 vtec on my 91 accord, it has a few problems but its minor, its in the process of being fixed waiting for parts, reason for swap is because h23 = torque from the take off, then h22 for high end power. Also something unique because we dont want to do a typical h22 swap, its getting kinda old

We drive (or drove as the case may be) Hondas. There's nothing unique about it. Do a swap for the performance aspects of it, and don't worry about what other people are doing.

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Oct 22 2003, 10:58 PM-->
Jesus Christ
@Oct 22 2003, 11:39 PM

Dude...you're Jesus Christ...you should know the answers to your own question.

:bo: :bo: :bo: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :bo: :bo: :bo: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

thats what the h23vtec build essentially does. but it's never reliable(1 in every 50) and it doesn't make as much power.(mainly because nobody really goes all out on them).

unfortunately the import aftermarket that we have has overlooked h series motors for the longest time and are just now making key parts for us. but unfortunately nobody makes a solid stroker crank for us. although some companies will do it. but it costs and arm and a leg.

Back