what is the use of installing Air/fuel ratio gauge

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hi sir ,
Actually what is the use of installing air/fuel ratio gauge ? is it for showing purpose ? and with this install can i tune the air/fuel ratio according to the gauge reading ? then how to tune ? lean/rich ? need help .

honda civic 92-95 EG9 B16A 4drs

If the car is stock, I dont see a point. Other htan it to look cool while it sweeps...

I would think the main purpose was to tell when a car is running lean or rich to prevent damage. But to get a more accurate reading, you'd need a wideband O2 sensor... somethign that reads more accurate.

yup, hooking up a gauge to stock narrow band is all about show and really nothing else

even with a wideband 02 sensor, the gauge is commonly just used for observation during driving

actual tuning via a wideband is done using a datalogging program

PLX Devices makes a conversion for the Autometer A/F so it can be used with their wideband as a reader. Outside of that though, it isn't accurate enough to do anything other than look at.

not necessarily. you can glance at it and see if you're about to blow up from running to lean or not-- but that should have been fixed on the dyno :p

mmmmmmm wide band agrrgagrhhahhh }Drool{ :doh:

plx m300 is where its at

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@May 4 2005, 09:06 PM
AEM makes the UEGO(or whatever they call it) now.
wideband 02 sensor, and gauge.
[post=495068]Quoted post[/post]​

They have for a while, call them and ask them about using it without their EMS though.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+May 4 2005, 03:08 PM-->
cycloneb18c3
@May 4 2005, 09:06 PM
AEM makes the UEGO(or whatever they call it) now.
wideband 02 sensor, and gauge.
[post=495068]Quoted post[/post]​

They have for a while, call them and ask them about using it without their EMS though.
[post=495086]Quoted post[/post]​

?
why wont it work with the aem ems

Back