What is this Gallory behind Tensioner b18c

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Marsh

What is this hole suppose to be for? It sits right behind the Tensioner Bearing race and it looks like you'd pack Grease in there. However when I pulled off my Tensioner there was some rock hard brown stuff looked like Silicon and smelled like fish. I was told they put Silicon in it from the Factory. "The Block is really thin there and, the Silicon help absorb heat". Well I ripped it all out and, now i'm trying to findout what hell to put back in it???

Attachments

• timing belt oil gallery.jpg
    timing belt oil gallery.jpg
    620.6 KB · Views: 442
id say its ok not to put anything in its place, I allways thought thats where the tensioner spring chilled and casting spots, I dont see it affecting the tensioner or block temp one bit with a good cooling system

From what i'v gathered most people just leave that hole empty. What I pulled out was Hi Temp Silicon. I sent my block to Darton for Sleeves and I guess they put it in there. It makes sense, that rubbery Silicon would absorb Harmonics. So I ended up putting Silicon back in it:rolleyes:

Back