what is this harness??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i drive a 96 integra and i got a cel. so i decided to jump the wires to find out what it was. i was look9in around for it and found a harness under the steering column. it has 5 wires goin into it (black, yellow/blue, orange, yellow, ????) wen i did try to jump it, it sparked and now my car wont start. does anybody have any idea what this harness is and why it wasnt hooked up?? or maybe it was kinda loose and i pulled it out..

you probably have two fuse boxes, one under the hood, and one near your feet, check all of your fuses, cuz you jumped the wrong thing.

Originally posted by h22poweredgsr@Nov 1 2003, 09:53 PM
i drive a 96 integra and i got a cel. so i decided to jump the wires to find out what it was. i was look9in around for it and found a harness under the steering column. it has 5 wires goin into it (black, yellow/blue, orange, yellow, ????) wen i did try to jump it, it sparked and now my car wont start. does anybody have any idea what this harness is and why it wasnt hooked up?? or maybe it was kinda loose and i pulled it out..

I wouldn't be suprised if you smoked the ecu jumping unknown wires.

Check all your fuses first, then go from there.

Sounds like you jumped the diagnostic port, if you did, you probably roasted the ECU beyond repair.

Back