1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Is This Noise?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by Racin'WithRice, May 23, 2003.

1. Racin'WithRice

Racin'WithRice Junior Member

I have an intersting noise in my car. I can't figure out what it is. I'm driving a 1990 Prelude S with B20a5 motor(is this stock?) and i have a whistle when i decelerate. It sounds alot like the blow by valve on a turbo charged car. Is this sound normal for these cars? Right now the car is stock as far as I know. Also does anyone know where I can find a Haynes or Chilton manual for this car. I can only find one for 89 and below.

Thank you for any help that is given, and I know that this is a general tech question but i figured the prelude/accord section might benefit me more.

Once again, thanks for helping me.

Joe in ON

2. dcsports413

dcsports413 Senior Member

Have you looked under your hood for a turbo? :D :D

3. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Haaaahahaha. "Bolted-on" turbo!

I know the Chilton's manual for your car covers 87-95 Preludes and Accords. That reason right there is why I don't like Chilton's. But hey, it works for those basic repairs.

4. Racin'WithRice

Racin'WithRice Junior Member

Man, I'm pretty sure there is no turbo under my hood. My car is quick, but not that quick. No it isn't even quick, this saddens me whenever I think about it.

And as for the Chilton's manual, I've never seen the one for 87-95 ludes. Is it available at any parts shop?

One more question, is there any small mods or adjustments that I can make that will boost power without costing me a fortune? Even if it's only one or two hp?

5. mariowc

mariowc Junior Member

6. dcsports413

dcsports413 Senior Member

You can always bolt on I/E/H. I'm not sure of the availabilty of parts for your car though. You can buy a weld on muffler and get a local muffer shop to run pipe and put your exhaust on if you can't find a catback. Or even just replacing your factory air box with a k&n cone filter will help a little bit.

7. XZILER8

XZILER8 Senior Member

Like what was already said the Chilton manual for your car covers a ton of different years for the prelude and accord and therefore isn't as thorough as I wish it was.

However, If you want one, Here is a pic of one just so you know what you're looking for.

[​IMG]

Peace

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted