What is this? P1250

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
So I'm driving around yesterday and VAG code 17658 popped up. When I got home, I checked the code.

VAG-17658, I believe on a regular non VAG, OBDII scanner it would be code P1250

Fuel Level Too Low

WTF kind of code is that?

I'm just not comprehending it, is it trying to tell me I'm running lean?

Vag codes... HAHAHA

If it makes you feel better, OBD2 gives a code "Fuel level too high" when you top off the tank.

Actually.. good point. It may be the pressure switch in the tank.

The fuel sending unit needs to be cleaned or replaced anyway.

But I never got a code for that shit before and the past few months the fuel gauge won't read anything under a half tank. It just didn't bother me enough yet to spend the 70 bucks on a new one.

...this after the Audi thread the other day...

Do most cars normally just throw codes for the hell of it?

exactly....

You're actlng like a little kid here.

I would have said something in the other thread about the fuel sending unit, but it doesn't bother me in the least so I forgot about it.

You know what, you win. I'm not gonna start this arguement again.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
...this after the Audi thread the other day...

Do most cars normally just throw codes for the hell of it?

no most cars throw codes because some sensor somewhere is telling the ecu to flick the cel

I understand that. This car has had multiple eletrical problems.

I LIKE the Audi. I looked at multiple Audi's to buy, long before Brian even had his. I'm not acting like a little kid, I'm acting reasonable rather than the leg humpers of the car like many, many, others are and not recognizing the typical problems that exist. What kind of information are you sharing if you're not telling everyone the full story?

A Brian, you should have atleast posted this info in the other thread - but I'm the one acting like a child when you say that you would have posted it but you didn't think it mattered.

After this, I don't want a reply. You're getting annoying now.

No, I didn't put it in the other thread because I forgot about it. Its never really been a nuisance to me, after it stopped reading after a half tank and I ran out of gas a couple times, I just figured out I had 150-200 miles left and never looked at it again, hell on every car I don't use the damn fuel gauage after I figure out the avg. mpg.

And, I can get one for 20 bucks or 70 directly from Audi. It just never bothered me enough to buy it.

And just for you New2, it can happen to any Audi that has run out of gas a few times....

vag.jpg

Back