What is this sound?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90sihatch

Ever since it's gotten really cold here, my car has been making the most annoying squeek ever. It doesn't do it all the time, and there are no specific times when it does. It sounds like a really loud dog toy and comes from underneath. I havent had any known problems with the suspension, and the car runs fine, so I am really curious about what this could be. thanks

Quoted post[/post]]
Ever since it's gotten really cold here, my car has been making the most annoying squeek ever. It doesn't do it all the time, and there are no specific times when it does. It sounds like a really loud dog toy and comes from underneath. I havent had any known problems with the suspension, and the car runs fine, so I am really curious about what this could be. thanks
sounds like a wheel bearing.

Naa, Sounds like you need to get your bushings greased. Any quick-lube type place should be able to handle it for pretty cheap.

It's while I'm driving but not at any specific time while I'm driving. The car has to be moving, but it's not just when I hit a bump or anything like that. The only way I can really describe the sound is like a dog's toy but much louder. It sounds like it's coming from right underneath the passenger seat but it's kinda hard to tell.

Ive had this sound, if its what im thinking then the only way to get rid of it is to redline the engine in N. if this is it its your belts or pully bearing.

I had the same problem with mine..
It sounded like you said " a dog's toy" but only when i was either coming to a stop or driving really slow..
I Later found out that the noise was coming from the driver side axle..The part where it meets with the tranny. I sprayed the whole axle from the drivers side part to where it meets the tranny and the noise stopped...Havent had a prolem since,..

Good luck...

Quoted post[/post]]
Ive had this sound, if its what im thinking then the only way to get rid of it is to redline the engine in N. if this is it its your belts or pully bearing.

wow....INTERESTING,....lol. :eek: huh? :dry:

Both of the axles are brand new. It really sounds like something rubber.

Ok I'm pretty sure it's an axle now. The sound speeds up as the car does, but not just when I'm on the gas, it slows down as I slow down. Both axles are brand new, and don't appear to have any holes in the boots. ?

Brake maybe? any ideas? I can't find any visual clues

Could be the a/c pulley. I had this problem and didn't realize what it was until I noticed one day that it only happens when the heat or air is on. The belt was to tight and caused the pulley to whop. Just a thought.

check your a-frame bushings (dont know what honda calls em) there is a triangular shaped piece brace that connects the frame to the axle rotor assembly area. Im bad with technical names, but at the end (near the rotor) there is a bushing that makes that squeaking sound when its cold. my car did it forever, but now its all better since i replace every bushing on the car (140 something bucks from summit)

Back