What is this worth???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Odds are it does, fixing it yould run you atleast 3k. I was assuming if you bought it you would use it for the engine/interior etc.

no i would re sell to exporters but 6000 is a bit much i mean u always ask for more then it is worth but i mean its only for parts

werd, some people just don't know when enough is enough. Some people want to be real greedy like him for instance.

I know this guy tried to sell a 1998 GSR with damage and an already salvaged title for like 8500, it wasn't that great really, there was no real engine work done, the interior was cloth, and it had some ugly 18s one it (my opinion of course). I don't think it sold.

Its worth 3500 but not if you were to pay that much, since you buy an resell and that's your plan no more than 2500, the interior doesnt look to bad which is ~500 and the engine is worth at least 2.5k then the trans for like 500. Then miscellaneous peices add up to another 500.

its some young kid i emailed him and talked to him..and he sent me all kinds of nasty emails back that i have *L* there so funny

lets see...

the car is useless. no way your re-building that.

the brakes are crap
the suspension is garbage
the tires suck
the wheels are gay
ran aem pulleys on it, so the rotating assembly is probably fucked/out of balance
black leather seats are worth about 500 bucks- but whos to say they are in good shape after being in a wreck- thats something you don't want to fuck with- bad seats.
4" exahust? what is it, 1000 hp? :gay:
radiator is shot
aem intake is crushed
he sasy the header is fine, but if you look at the pics, the bolts aren't even tightend on it. its trashed, or at least bent- and if it pulled a head stud, thats all for the head.
look at the firewall to the motor, not the front end- its crooked- broke or bent mounts or even more damage..
and what happened to the sprak plug wires???? did they all pop off?
so, in conclusion, the only parts i would take off this car woudl be the rear sway bar.

my bid, $150.

b it not that bad even if the header bolts are striped there are couple ways to fix it all run around the 20 buck mark.
As for fixing it swanny did you see the trashed rear end?
second question airbags? why did they not deploy

air bags do not deploy in a rear collision.

most of the force was in the rear of the car when he was rear ended.

look at the damage to the front end. the airbag sensor must be destroyed? he was pushed into somthing so they should have deployed unless he was sitting still when all this happend

And why the fuck do you keep saying *l* ??? What the fuck is *l*?!?!?!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 8 2005, 03:07 PM
lets see...

the car is useless. no way your re-building that.

the brakes are crap
the suspension is garbage
the tires suck
the wheels are gay
ran aem pulleys on it, so the rotating assembly is probably fucked/out of balance
black leather seats are worth about 500 bucks- but whos to say they are in good shape after being in a wreck- thats something you don't want to fuck with- bad seats.
4" exahust? what is it, 1000 hp? :gay:
radiator is shot
aem intake is crushed
he sasy the header is fine, but if you look at the pics, the bolts aren't even tightend on it. its trashed, or at least bent- and if it pulled a head stud, thats all for the head.
look at the firewall to the motor, not the front end- its crooked- broke or bent mounts or even more damage..
and what happened to the sprak plug wires???? did they all pop off?
so, in conclusion, the only parts i would take off this car woudl be the rear sway bar.

my bid, $150.
[post=443064]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:
The only thing worth saving is that 1 wheel. :lol:

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jan 8 2005, 05:44 PM
look at the damage to the front end. the airbag sensor must be destroyed? he was pushed into somthing so they should have deployed unless he was sitting still when all this happend
[post=443088]Quoted post[/post]​

no. there is no air bag sensor.

it's far from complex. it looks like a check valve,r eally.

its a ball-bearing looking magnet in a tube.

the magnet is set for X amount of force where it won't break loose.
in a front impact of X force, the magnet simply won't hold on to it anymore and create the cricuit which will deploy the bags.

think about it.

it got in the back and then pushed through the front. all the imapct force was in the rear of the car, and he kinda jsut slid in to the rear of the other car.

i know how the impact sesor works ( that what i call it cause really that waht it does just in a low teck form) but the impact was enought to rip the main structural members in two so that force would have been far more than sufficent to knock the magnet loose. and unless hes was sitting still? it would have deployed. He wrote that he got hit from behind by a cement truck then pushed? thats not true at all look at the back off the car there is no large amount of damage ( if the force from behind was enough to crush the fron of the car then the read would be in bad shape)

i agree that the way he describes it looks like shit... but its REAL easy to damage the front end like that. think about the height difference. he basically got pushed UNDER the bumper of the truck in front of him. the hitting force isn't there, but it was enough to rip apart the cars front end

Back