what is up with Iran ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

only congress can delcare war,

the american citizens voted for everyperson in congress ...

therefor the american citizens declared war as a whole ....

while true, don't forget that the american president can authorize military actions without congressional approval which aren't classified as 'acts of war' until congress gets done with trying to tidy up the shitstorm the prez walks us into.

why the fuck does every one blame bush ...

The nation was set up with a system of checks and balances so that one person or group couldnt act without the consent of the other branches pretty much ...

not to mention everyone and there mom was for the war when 9/11 happened. Now that everything isnt as pretty and patriotic as it was in the beggining they are looking for a scape goat ...

im not for or against the war but ...

only congress can delcare war,

the american citizens voted for everyperson in congress ...

therefor the american citizens declared war as a whole ....

you think we have a system of checks and balances?

Bush (and yes, when i say that, i mean the executive branch) wen to war WITHOUT the approval of congress. Now he eventually got that approval, but not before he overstepped the check there to prevent him from doing it.

Now....oh yeah, bush says when congress is in session.

The Associated Press: Bush Gives Pocket Veto to Defense Bill

Great checks and balances guys.

On top of Iran being an absolutely dishonest and brutal country, the biggest threat with them getting nukes is that Israel will likely make a preemptive strike in order to prevent Iran from using their weapons. That strike will inevitably start a second conflict in the Mideast, and will quickly turn into a world war of sorts. The US will side with Israel, and Syria, Egypt and other close countries will likely fight for Iran. Welcome to muslims vs. the west.
On the other hand, the shit could really fly if Israel used a nuke as a first-strike weapon. If that happens. God help us.

˙sʞuɐɥʇ ˙uʍop ǝpısdn ǝdʎʇ oʇ ƃuıoƃ ʇsnɾ ɯ,ı os 'ƃuoɹʍ sı pɐǝɹɥʇ sıɥʇ uı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

Now if someone could research their choice in politics and knowledge of world history like you people are diligently researching how to type upside down, life would be grand.

The funny thing about the BBC is that they have no protection or "freedom of speech". Any article that comes off their presses should be regarded accurately: The word of what BBC wants to tell you is going on.

US Media is blessed with the freedom of speech thing. Beyond that, they tend to report the bias of the stock holders or editors abashedly.

Europe has one thing going for them: If you pick up a newspaper there, you are TOLD in the title what their slant is .

how much of the evidence that supported the iraq war turned out to be false?

we see the track record our military is having in afghanistan and iraq, going into iran would prove to be yet another waste of time and money

Where in here do you prove anything remotely resembling your point? Rather you take what I said, challenging your point and deflect it into an issue about military success.

I understand our track record, which would be more reason for an outgoing president to not wish to be involved in another war lest he set his political party back further.

I'm merely pointing out your outlandish conspiracy theories are as outrageous as the 9/11 conspiracy theories.

i thought you were going to bring it...prove all of us to be walking ignorami with our heads shoved up our arses. (and yes i know ignorami is not a word)

Back