what is up with Iran ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lol...my second urban dictionary hit of the week.

thanks.

I love it when people pretend like Muslims started this whole series of conflicts. Everyone seems to forget about when we overthrew Iran's Democratically elected Prime Minister Mohammad Mossadegh. Oh and we overthrew him because he wanted Iran to profit from Iranian oil. That seems like a reasonable thing...right? But no we wanted our oil companies to be in charge of the oil fields. So what do we do, we overthrow the Prime Minister and put a puppet government in his place.

Gee I wonder if that may have pissed them off...

I realize this happened 50 years ago, but they haven't forgotten like the majority of Americans have. Just think how you would feel if we weren't the all powerful country we were and someone decided to overthrow our government so they could better profit off of us. I don't think I'd forget or let my children forget.

Oh and war with Iran would be suicidal. They have money and guns and planes and tanks and the whole nine yards. What did/does Iraq have? Suicide bombers? We can't even win a war against sand people. I don't see how we could win a war against a country that would actually be prepared to fight back with modern weapons. Oh and if we were to attack them, everyone in that country would take to arms. When Iraq tried to invade them, they had children going into mine fields to disarm mines.

So um yea don't advocate a war with Iran. But hey if you want a draft go for it. That way you and all your loved ones can go die for a war about oil. Oh you didn't think this was about oil. How foolish of you, it's sure as hell isn't for peace.

Oh and completely unrelated. How can the rest of the economy be in a recession, when oil companies are making record profits....and if they are making record profits, why does the price of gas continue to go up?

Mohammad Mosaddeq (Mossadeq (help·info)) (Persian: محمد مصدق‎ Moḥammad Moṣaddeq, also Mosaddegh or Mossadegh) (19 May 18825 March 1967) served as the Prime Minister of Iran[1][2] from 1951 to 1953. A prominent parlimentarian when Prime Minister Ali Razmara was assassinated in 1951, he was twice appointed to that office by Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, the Shah of Iran, after a positive vote of inclination by the parliament.[3] Mossadegh was a nationalist and passionately opposed foreign intervention in Iran. He was also the architect of the nationalization of the Iranian oil industry, which had been under British control through the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company (AIOC), today known as British Petroleum (BP).

yes he was a prime minister, but nothing more than a political figure head, the shah was the one who was truely in power.

Oh and war with Iran would be suicidal. They have money and guns and planes and tanks and the whole nine yards. What did/does Iraq have? Suicide bombers? We can't even win a war against sand people. I don't see how we could win a war against a country that would actually be prepared to fight back with modern weapons. Oh and if we were to attack them, everyone in that country would take to arms. When Iraq tried to invade them, they had children going into mine fields to disarm mines.

i agreed with you kinda up till there ...

The US military could wipe them off the face of the earth without breaking a sweat ...

the hard part is picking out the innocent ones from the ones we actually want to kill ...

And the SHAH was a friend of the US, until Carter turned his back on him, Iran got him out and welcomed in the Ayatollah, thus starting global islamic extremism.

Celerity, your post about mitary reasons not to go to war with Iran are humorous.

Fighting a conventional war with an entire country would not be a problem for the United States to win.

Iraq has largely been successful but certainly hasn't proved to be a quick clean up because of the unconvential nature of the warfare. Its easy to carpet bomb an entire country that you're at war with, its difficult to pinpoint and target guerilla warriors without harming innocents. This has all been proven to ring true since Vietnam.

Thats about as far as I'll go with the debate.

I'm with a above. If they decided to engage us as a nation on nation all out war, without a doubt it would be over very quickly. It would be the aftermath that would fuck us over. Hell, look at Iraq.

Back